Badly Drawn Boy

Started by SHAFTR, February 06, 2003, 02:02:55 AM

SHAFTR

Anyone here a fan?

Hour of Bewilderbeast and About a Boy soundtrack are amazing.  The About a Boy soundtrack is what makes the movie as good as it is.  His new album is still good, but not up to caliber with his previous stuff.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

BonBon85

I loved Hour of Bewilderbeast but wasn't as pleased with what I've heard from the About a Boy soundtrack. Then again, I only heard what I noticed during the film. Is it worth listening to the whole soundtrack or is it pretty much the same as the stuff that's noticeable in the movie?

Raikus

I'm a big fan of BDB. About a Boy's soundtrack was a bit weak as far as his normal standards, but still good. Hour is one of my favorite albums of all time. The great thing about BDB is that the album meshes on it's own. Kinda like WILCO, the whole thing is a song.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SHAFTR

Give the About a Boy soundtrack another listen.  It's much simpler than Hour but it still is really good.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

sphinx

BDB makes greaaat music.  especially considering jon brion is a part of their clique

penfold0101

I am currently addicted to the have you fed the fish album! its been put in my CD player every day for two weeks now!!

I still love Hour of Bewilderbeast.

But I've only herd one or two songs from the about a boy album. i was traumatised by watching Notting Hill and now i cant even look a Hugh Grant or most things he is associated with!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: BonBon85I loved Hour of Bewilderbeast but wasn't as pleased with what I've heard from the About a Boy soundtrack. Then again, I only heard what I noticed during the film. Is it worth listening to the whole soundtrack or is it pretty much the same as the stuff that's noticeable in the movie?

i feel the same way about "hour of bewilderbeast".  it's a great album.  the ABOUT A BOY soundtrack was pretty disappointing to me but, hell, what do i know.

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Sleuth

I loved HOB, don't much like HYFTF.  I haven't heard the AAB soundtrack, but I will sometime soon.  Did you guys see him perform on Conan O'Brien a little while before HYFTF came out?  He played You Were Right on piano alone, and it sounded amazing.  The album version really let me down.  Everything on there was overdone
I like to hug dogs