Matt35mm's Photography

Started by matt35mm, June 28, 2005, 07:45:07 PM

matt35mm

In case you didn't know, I am a photographer.  And a damned good one, too, I think.

I have finally put my photo album up online.  These aren't all of them.  I will put up more as I get them.  They were shot on film and scanned in, so a few others still need to be fully converted to digital format.

CLICK HERE FOR MATT'S DELICIOUS PHOTO ALBUM

Here's a few to whet your whistle:

I'd like to know what you think.

I took up photography very seriously for a while as a foundation for my study of cinematography (I study every major aspect of filmmaking).

Hope you enjoy them!

Ghostboy

matt35mm

Quote from: GhostboyI really quite like this one.
Thank you!  It's one of my very favorites as well.  My favorites are the more abstract ones, yeah.

That photograph in question was a 3 minute exposure, I believe.  I like doing long exposures.  There are a few 20 minute exposures in there somewhere.

meatwad

just being curious, what camera do you shoot with, and what kind of film do you use?

matt35mm

Just a Canon SLR 35mm.  You know, the ones from the 70s that every other family has somewhere in their attic.

And then just your standard Kodak 200 speed film.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, and a 50mm lens as well as a 80-120mm zoom lens.

matt35mm

Since it seems to be the current trend, I'll try resurrecting this thread.

polkablues

Quote from: matt35mmIn case you didn't know, I am a photographer.  And a damned good one, too, I think.

You are correct in thinking that.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Anonymous Joe

Do you develop at a lab, or a one-hour photo place?

matt35mm

One-hour.  I just give them the instruction not to print up or down, and therefore I can control the image based on exposure, because I know that it'll be printed a certain way every time.  It's not ultimate control but it's all I have access to.

JG

matt, good job i like a lot of em...when i'm a director you can be my cinemotgrapher.

matt35mm

Wow, it's been a long time.

Anyway, I've been getting back into the swing of things. Got a new camera and am slowly figuring out how the fuck to work in digital photography. I'll be posting some highlights here from time to time, although you'll be able to find everything at the link in my signature if you want to see more.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Mmm.  Really like the first two in particular.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," BolaƱo says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."