Prairie Home Companion rumors....

Started by imawombat, July 18, 2005, 07:12:32 PM

polkablues

Quote from: 72teeth
Quote from: RegularKarateAltman....FIFTY SEVEN MOVIES!!!!

My god, i never realized how much he had, why doesn't he have a forum of his own

Take the number of Altman movies you know and love, and divide by 57.  Not a good ratio.
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

more than Crowe thats for sure...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Let's quantify that.  The average person who knows a little about film really, sincerely digs about five Altman movies (it's a different five for every person, but let's just say five, average).  Five divided by 57 gives us a whopping 0.09 (rounding up to the nearest hundredth).

Not counting "Elizabethtown", Crowe has made five movies.  Even a serious hater has to admit to liking "Say Anything" and "Almost Famous".  So, 2 divided by 5: we get a resounding 0.4.

Mathematically speaking, Crowe owns Altman's ass.  Just mathematically, though.

So to answer your question, there's no good reason Altman doesn't have his own forum.

72teeth

good point. I guess i like Crowe more than i realize, especially if you count Fast Times
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

w/o horse

Quote from: polkabluesLet's quantify that.  The average person who knows a little about film really, sincerely digs about five Altman movies (it's a different five for every person, but let's just say five, average).  Five divided by 57 gives us a whopping 0.09 (rounding up to the nearest hundredth).

Altman has at least seven fucking great movies, and if you post here you should know that.  I would give the man a count of twelve really fucking good movies personally.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Alethia

mash
brewster mccloud
mccabe and mrs. miller
the long goodbye
thieves like us
california split
nashville
3 women
a wedding
secret honor
fool for love
OC and stiggs
the player
short cuts
kansas city
gosford park

twelve is an understatement.  not too serious...

Pubrick

yeah well, bottom line is altman board ain't gonna happen, no one talks about his shit anyway. otherwise there'd be a great overflow of at least 57 altman movie threads in Other Movies.

crowe is also boring and will be removed eventually. fret not my wayward posters.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Losing the Horse:Altman has at least seven fucking great movies, and if you post here you should know that.  I would give the man a count of twelve really fucking good movies personally.

I'm talking averages.  You love twelve, eward loves however many he loves, but the average person loves exactly five.  Besides, even if we say twelve, that only gives Altman a 0.21.

And eward loses credibility for putting "O.C. and Stiggs" and "Fool For Love" on his list.

Alethia

the ones i listed are what i consider to be his (at the very least) better than decent movies..

and i do not lose one shred of credibility for putting OC and stiggs there, maybe fool for love haha...

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrickyeah well, bottom line is altman board ain't gonna happen, no one talks about his shit anyway. otherwise there'd be a great overflow of at least 57 altman movie threads in Other Movies.

crowe is also boring and will be removed eventually. fret not my wayward posters.

I agree with p here, and to provide more 'evidence' that there's really no reason for him to have a forum, here's the threads that are dedicated to Altman by forum.

NOW SHOWING

THE COMPANY  49 Replies

OTHER MOVIES

Three Women 4 Replies

SHORT CUTS 13 Replies

PRET A PORTER 2 Replies

NASHVILLE 6 Replies

GRAPEVINE

PAINT 2 Replies

NEWS & THEORY

Altman's comments on the lowest common denominator 22 Replies

DVD TALK

SHORT CUTS  39 Replies

NEED AN ALTAM FIX 21 Replies

POP POP POP POPEYE  7 Replies

THE DIRECTOR'S CHAIR

ROBERT ALTMAN 120 Replies

lucas the father of the altmanesque multi character movie?  31 Replies

Robert Altman directed Popeye... WTF?!  6 Replies

PTA FORUM

Paul Thomas Anderson/Robert Altman/Harry Nilsson 18 Replies

Popeye / Punch-Drunk Love  10 Replies

So, including this thread he has 16 threads, eight of these have less than 15 replies and three more don't have more than two pages, so I think it's not really about who deserves to have his forum but who generates a good deal of discussions that would make worth the effort to give it to him.

w/o horse

I don't think anyone really wanted an Altman forum.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

polkablues

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I don't think anyone really wanted an Altman forum.

I just like ratios.

Fernando

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I don't think anyone really wanted an Altman forum.

He did ask.

Quote from: 72teethwhy doesn't he have a forum of his own

P answered.

Quote from: Pyeah well, bottom line is altman board ain't gonna happen

And I just tried to elaborate why it wouldn't happen, now if I'm wrong of the reason I gave someone else can correct me.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick

replace w/ an aronofsky forum...

:inlove:

Pubrick

under the paving stones.