Send alletter to PTA

Started by a.santi, January 19, 2004, 04:43:48 PM

SHAFTR

No, it isn't enough to make a director good but it is enough for him to remain my favorite.

Some people make films for the art, some for money and others for the fans.  It just kind of feels good to know that the person's whose movies I love actually cares that people like me loves his movies and shows that.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Duck Sauce

im all for liking PTA but you people are starting to like him too much

©brad

Quote from: Duck Sauceim all for liking PTA but you people are starting to like him too much

starting to?

molly

Quote from: SHAFTRNo, it isn't enough to make a director good but it is enough for him to remain my favorite.

Some people make films for the art, some for money and others for the fans.  It just kind of feels good to know that the person's whose movies I love actually cares that people like me loves his movies and shows that.

try answering your fan letter yourself, and then try doing that for every single letter, start with just 10 letters for the beggining. It's pure masochism.

md

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: Duck Sauceim all for liking PTA but you people are starting to like him too much

starting to?

what do you expect? the dude makes films about the lack and need for love, what do you think that says about his fans? about the human condition

i sound like a professa
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

modage

the next time someone meets him they have to scrawl XIXAX on a piece of paper and take a picture of him holding it.  actually, that should go for any directors that anybody meets.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

I agree.

Where's cowboykurtis with his Marty Scorsese pic?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

molly

Quote from: mollywhat if they refuse :shock: ?

context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: PTA's maid found this letter in a trashcan in which a fan

Dear Paul Thomas Anderson,

I love your movies.  They make me giggle, flirt, fuck, cry, laugh, fantasize, skank, and yell.  I have seen Magnolia 2,345 times, Boogie Nights 7, 001 times, Punch-Drunk Love 1,555 times, and then Hard Ei Sydney 32 times.  I also started smoking cigarettes and  talking more using my hands more because of you.  Please make me proud and keep up the most exellent work.  I wish my organs were as good as yours-mine suck.  

P.S.  What do those frogs mean?

Your #1 Fan

molly

Quote from: maid's replyi'm glad you use your hand more
keep up the good work
:yabbse-thumbup:

PS - new edition of Magnolia comes out soon, with three discs. On third disc theres a little course how to make your own frogs at home.

prophet

i think PTA likes his fans but he doesnt think hes a god or something so thats why he doesnt want to reply. plus who knows he might be very busy. imagain a adult life x10
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Duck Sauce

sign your name in either blood, feces or semen (if applicable)

The Perineum Falcon

I think it's quite cool that PTA is willing to answer just about any question asked from people on this board.
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4519

I really wouldn't ask for anything more than that ^.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

molly

duck was kidding

(right duck?)