Your Favorite Movie Trailers

Started by Tiff, May 29, 2003, 10:47:32 PM

Reel

I like this one. First time I saw it, I thought "this trailer's fucking with me, isn't it?" and "I don't know if I'd like to see this movie, but I'm intrigued." No stupid dialogue and you just can't beat that song:

i love trailers almost more than movies so i will be overfeeding this thread.
i'll start with what i feel might be the most beautiful and comprehensive trailer of all time:

LAKE OF FIRE

-
and then descend into my usual madness:

hable con ella
-

revenge of billy the kid
-

the naked man

ill be back later.

polkablues

I'm sorry, you're all wrong. The correct answer is
SHAKMA
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

ok, you win. Those are some great monkey effects. I actually found myself thinking 'how dey do dat?' which hardly ever happens since I know everything...So where'd you find it and have you seen the movie?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my american brethren.

very NSFW

pete

the rumble in the bronx trailer got me so juiced when I was in 8th grade. I had just moved to America the year before and it was way before the age of downloading shit so that little trailer, for months, was my only fix. Also I missed the movie when it played in the theaters. and was disappointed by the actual movie.

I also really liked Milk's trailer. cool font. I actually never saw the movie 'cause I never saw the need after seeing the trailer.

I watched this trailer forever when I worked at movie theater

another animated one - there's this cut towards the end to the stupid techno dance beat that really got to me

o yeah and that american version of dragon tattoo's trailer made me happy too, the first one with the fake bootleg.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reel

ahhh, that Rumble In The Bronx trailer. I caught that a lot in the previews for one of my action movies, either Con Air or Face/Off. For some reason, I thought the most impressive things he did were when he hits the guy with the refrigerator doors and jumps up through the shopping cart. I like to see everyday items put to use for kicking ass. Still haven't seen the movie, it was all the rage when it came out like you said. Guess I'm happy to hear you say it's not that good. I knew it!

Quote from: pete on November 30, 2013, 01:13:24 PM
I also really liked Milk's trailer. cool font. I actually never saw the movie 'cause I never saw the need after seeing the trailer.

Dude, you fucking live in San Francisco. You owe it to yourself to see it! You're missing out on some beautiful cinematography and pretty hot lovemaking. I know, I live in New York and haven't seen 'Rumble in The Bronx' but that's NOT THE SAME THING.

I posted this a few years back in the horror thread, but it belongs here. Might be the best trailer for an awful movie EVER:

pete

here is a scene from rumble in the bronx. you don't need to see it 'cause it was shot in vancouver and really only carried bronx in name only.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jenkins

Lottery

Holy shit...Kung Fuhrer, how come no one's ever thought of that before?

Also, this has to be the most promising and atmospherically perfect trailer for a blockbuster film in a long time.

Robyn

wilder

Not sure if this is even official but it's good:

UK TV Trailer for Ripley:

and maybe the most disappointing film experience I've ever had based on the expectations built up by this thing:

Fernando

Quote from: wilder on December 29, 2013, 08:43:05 PM
Not sure if this is even official but it's good:

as far as I know that's a fake or fan made if you like, the first piece of music is from the shining trailer and the second one sounds like it belongs to a shitty comedy.

some of the editing isnt bad but this trailer is horrible.

wilder