Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

polkablues

I'm with Stefen.  Season 3 was non-stop amazing, and the last few episodes of it were probably the strongest of the series overall.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Is it confirmed that there will definitely be a season 5? I hope so.

I think it will set up the ultimate Lions Vs Panthers season with both teams being good and it would be interesting now that Tammy is teaching at E. Dillon.

Who's going to come back? You gotta have Riggins since he's almost the heart and soul, but he's in the slammer, it appears. Gotta have Matt and Julie too but I don't know if that would work. Would it just focus on the E. Dillon characters like Vince, Luke (prob. my fave new character) and Jess?

Whatever it is, I'm sure the writers will do the right thing. They always do.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Sorry to rain on your parade but neither Matt or Riggins is coming back for the final season. They are hoping to get them for a couple of episodes, but its unlikely. Matt is gone almost for sure and Riggins may have a two-three episode closing arc like Street and Smash had last season.

I'm sure they will come up with something great. They always do. I think the new characters were great this season, but I was surprised we didn't get to see much of JD McCoy. After the first episodes when he was a total douche and we thought the rivalry between him and Matt or Luke would become more evident, he just disappeared.

Perhaps the Panthers want Taylor back now after these idiots failed to make the Playoffs? Who knows...

Stefen

I hope Eric stays at E. Dillon. I'm loving the idea of him turning these kids into champs. Especially if it's coming at the Panthers expense.

I'm sure this next season we'll get a lot more of the McCoys acting like jerkoffs.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Hey, this show is back!  I spent the past 2 months watching and now I'm officially caught up as of the season 5 premiere. Lets talk about it now.  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

What? Is season 5 happening soon? Really? Awesome!

How great were the last two episodes of season 3 coupled with the first of season 4?

modage

Season 5 premiered as of this past Thursday.  You can find it now on your local torrent.

I think we all know the arc for this season will be the Lions winning the championship, the question is what other sorts of things will happen along the way.

I still like the show, but I really loved the first season.  I miss those original characters and feel like the writers haven't had quite as much of a handle on where things are going since then.

For me Season 1>2>3>4, so far. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

I don't know if I can rank them so easily. Season 3 and 4 are great. Two had some issues with the SPOILER  "Landry murder stuff" and it was cut short because of the strike so they couldn't wrap up the storylines well.

Anyways, I'm very happy its back and sad that its the last one. I think although the Lions will get good and thats part of the storyline, it will be mostly about wrapping up the arc of each character. I know some old characters will come back and they will tackle some unfinished business. I predict lots of crying, on their part and ours.

polkablues

Nothing can touch season three. One of the best seasons of television ever. I'll be sad the show is ending after this season, but I trust this show to do right by us.

Stefen

Season 5 thoughts?

I like it, but I don't love it. I miss the old cast but this cast is growing on me but it's hard to become attached knowing there are only 6 or so hour long episodes left. Julie is the weakest link. Should have just let her go off to college and be done with her. Her story offers nothing. Liking Vince and his arc with his father and I like the Luke and Becky storyline. Hate Billy Riggins sticking around but I see why they have to have him. Curious where this goes and how they end it.

Pwaybloe

This is the first time I'm waiting to see it on NBC rather than a bootlegged version from DirecTV.  Give me a few months, and I will chime in.

polkablues

I've been very impressed with how well they've transitioned to the new group of characters. I can't wait for the shit to hit the fan between Coach Taylor and Vince's dad. More than anything, I can't wait until after the show is over for good and I can watch all five seasons in a marathon. It doesn't get the notice that Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lost or whatever have gotten, but this show could make a strong case for being the best on TV.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pwaybloe on January 14, 2011, 02:05:16 PM
This is the first time I'm waiting to see it on NBC rather than a bootlegged version from DirecTV.  Give me a few months, and I will chime in.

When does it start back?
Reliable Wiki didn't show - unless I didn't look in the right place.

The 13-episode fifth and final season will begin on DirecTV's "The 101" beginning October 27, 2010. An NBC premiere date has not been announced.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

pete

it's on episode 9 right now on directv.
this season's been a bit of a mess - much like The Wire's season 5.  Some nice episodes, but overall pretty mundane arcs.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

loved seeing matt seracen show up at the end of the last episode. still have yet to watch episode 9, the fact that there are 5 seasons of this show is a gift. it's too bad it wasn't a bigger hit because they transitioned casts very well. there was one episode this season, i think it was the one where the team played the away game that really sold me on the new cast.  i like that every play doesn't have to involve matt seracen or tim riggins, it seems like more of a team this time.

it'll be interesting to see how it ends. the show could've easily ended after Season 3 and called it a day so the fact that we have these two seasons is a nice victory lap. making the Dillon Panthers the new nemesis was a stroke of genius.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty