Empire Falls

Started by Gold Trumpet, May 12, 2005, 01:50:41 PM

Gold Trumpet

Anyone seeing this? May 28th and 29th on HBO. Paul Newman and Co. Looks really good actually. Prolly another thread for this film, but I searched god damnit!

Pubrick

hah, when i saw helen hunt promoting this on letterman i thought it was a real movie movie. i shoulda known she'd never get a gig that good. time hasn't been good to her tho, yikes.
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

word on the street is Paul Newman has said this is his last on-screen performance - can anyone back this up?
...your excuses are your own...

Gold Trumpet

Not entirely true. He said he's doing just one more film, but he said it when this film was in post production. The word is that he is looking to make one final film with Robert Redford.

Also, there's a rule to realize when major actors begin to talk about retirement: never believe them.

Find Your Magali

It's getting off topic, but the "last film" Newman has talked about might end up being he & Redford starring in an adaptation of "A Walk in the Woods" -- Bill Bryson's non-fiction book about a pair of friends trying to tackle the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail.

Meanwhile, "Empire Falls" is currently the No. 1 reason I miss having HBO. Can't wait for it to hit video.