The Incredible Hulk

Started by ©brad, January 27, 2003, 12:09:10 PM

©brad

Watched the superbowl (came on here at 11:00 at night) but the commercials here are totally different. what were the hulk ads like?

MacGuffin

Eric Bana on Hulk, Troy & John Lennon Biopic

The following is an article in Australia's Melbourne Star, who talked to Eric Bana about his upcoming projects...

He had this to say about the Hulk:

"I originally went in and saw the Marvel guys about doing another superhero movie called Ghost Rider, a Spawn type character, and they were convinced I could do something they just didn't know what. Anyhow, I wasn't right for Ghost Rider so I actually audtioned for Daredevil for the role Colin Farrell ended up playing and then X-Men 2, wich was great because I did an audition with Hugh Jackman, and taught him a thing or two about acting (laughs), and then Hulk. And Ang Lee was sold on me and The Hulk seemed like the right movie for me, because it would be my first lead role in Hollywood and because the characters are so interesting."

He had this to say about Troy:

"When I was a kid Spartacus was my favorite movie, and in Troy I play a very Kirk Douglas like character, so it's great. To go from Bill Bixby to Kirk Douglas overnight is just mind blowing for me. To think 10 years ago I was up and down the country playing crummy little gigs to pay the rent, and now I truly am the king of kings (laughs). Wolfgang Petersen has really given me the leverage to control this character in a much greater way than i would have expected and to do that alongside the likes of Brad Pitt and Peter O Toole, you know, it says how much faith he has in me as an Actor, so I must be doing something right"

The interviews were topped up with the usual info on the movies and Bana went on to reveal what could be his next movie project:

"I have spoken to a few directors in America about doing a John Lennon biopic. I have spoken to Oliver Stone and Ang Lee about it, and I am working on a script with a British writer. Really, its up to the estate of John Lennon to decide whether it will get made or not, and then one of the Hollywood studios to fund it, so I will have to brush up on a convincing Liverpool accent. The movie will centre on the last 10 years of Lennons life, partly because I think it would be unwise for me to grow a mop top at my age, and because those years are generally unknown to the masses and very interesting. I hope it goes ahead because this is a dream project. This will be my Raging Bull."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

This trailer is great. I really think Ang Lee is going to knock this out of the ballpark. The Hulk himself looks really good...fake sometimes, sure, but I think part of the problem is just adjusting yourself to seeing a nine foot tall green giant in a realistic setting. That shot where he ROARS while standing next to that tank or whatever is just amazing...the level of physical gravity his body has, and the detail level, it's pretty great. A lot of the close-ups are incredible too.

Gold Trumpet

I have zero hope that this movie will be anything memorable, even in the realm of big summer action movies. I think the most anticipated for me will be the Matrix sequel for this summer, but I'm not sure how good it will be. I'm still seeing this movie alone on the name of the director attached to see how he does. I just can't see much room available to really do anything with this genre, and especially this character. Who knows, maybe he can because the best entertainment super hero movies are the first two Superman movies, which are great smart classy movies and also feature the most unimaginative super hero ever.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

i also think this movie looks pretty awful -- out of anyone, why the fuck would you hire ang lee for THE HULK ( no direspect to mr. lee -- hes a great director, i just dont feel hes right for this project) i remember when reading the comic book when i was younger: the hulk was essentially an overgrown baby that would have temper tantrums -- drawing from interviews with mr. lee; it soulds likehe has disregarded the comic book and made him into this graceful giant -- that seems boring. i think the cgi looks awful as well -- it will pretty much be, mighty joe young, with a green giant.
...your excuses are your own...

Pwaybloe

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI have zero hope that this movie will be anything memorable, even in the realm of big summer action movies.

Quote from: cowboycurtisi also think this movie looks pretty awful --

I bet you guys are a ton of fun.  

I have no doubts this is going to be very well done and entertaining.  Ang Lee is one of my favorites and the cast is top-notch.  Lighten up, guys.

Gold Trumpet

I like how when I say bad about something, I sometimes get remarks how I must be boring or something to even think bad thoughts. Hmmm...do all the fun guys accept everything as cool? Louise Brooks for life!

~rougerum

Pwaybloe

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI like how when I say bad about something, I sometimes get remarks how I must be boring or something to even think bad thoughts. Hmmm...do all the fun guys accept everything as cool? Louise Brooks for life!

~rougerum

Stop whining.

Gold Trumpet

and then when you isolate and identify those poor arguments, you get the bad comebacks like, "Stop whining!" or "Stop! Or my Mom will shoot!"

~rougerum

phil marlowe

bonanzataz

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet"Stop! Or my Mom will shoot!"

~rougerum

god, i love that fucking movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I think the key here is that this isn't a superhero movie. It's more like a Frankenstein story. There's no villain (well, there is, kind of, but I won't spoil it for people who haven't heard yet). It's all about internal conflict. That's why I think Ang Lee is going to do a great job with this.

Some of the effects look great, others don't. I'm not complaining. If the story works, my disbelief will be suspended.

oakmanc234

I was pretty dissapointed with 'HULK' after seeing the other trailers/previews etc but the new International trailer is very cool e.g. Hulk getting angry, getting chased/blown away by explosions, Hulk getting angry, taking out tanks/helicopters/buildings, Hulk getting angry etc.

Oh yeah, and the Hulk gets f***in' angry too.....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Gold Trumpet

Ghostboy,
That's an interesting idea onto what it can be. I would like to hope so, but my suspicions suggest it will will run the gamut of other summer action movies and the trailers suggest if it is what you suggest, it will approach that idea half ass like other big big movies do and rely way too much on examples of Hulk going SMASH SMASH. That's my fear, but hopefully it can be a Minority Report where it gets out of that repitition of action scenes and brings the action into the flow and imagination of movie creations when brought to its highest examples. Still, my doubts drown out the hopes.

~rougerum