The Hole

Started by penfold0101, July 11, 2003, 09:46:33 AM

penfold0101

Have any of you guys seen this?
Has it had any kind of release in the US?
I couldn't find it for sale on any US DVD websites.
The IMDB has no theatrical release info for you guys either.

I saw it a week or two ago and thought it was quite a stylish teen thriller.
it wasn’t amazing it didn't completely blow me away and Thora Birch has a slightly suspect English accent.
The film on the whole was cool, well worth watching. Go seek it out, get some friends together, grab some beer, watch it and tell me what you think!

Be cool.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pubrick

yes i saw this, a few times now, it was on one of the movie channels here all the time last month.

thora does a pretty hot british accent and is looking fine as always. her performance carried it. as far as teen thrillers go, it was sorta lame fun.. the usual screaming, crying. i'd recommend it tho, cos of that one chick i forgot her name, with the big ones. yep.
under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

This movie will play on late night TV forever more... why buy the DVD when you can switch on some UHF station in your area and catch it sometime down the line?

Nick

penfold0101

Quote from: Pcos of that one chick i forgot her name, with the big ones. yep.

Keira Knightley. yum yum!!

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickThis movie will play on late night TV forever more... why buy the DVD when you can switch on some UHF station in your area and catch it sometime down the line?

I live in England and our cable TV is crap! so I wont pay for it!

Your right P it is lame fun that’s why i think its best to get a few friends to watch it with you and have a few beers.
I find beer is a good way to get in the mood for some films.

Laters
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaiI'm gonna buy it because Pubes liked it.
fuck no, don't buy it. i like a lot of bullshit but i rarely buy anything. sheesh, i hope u havn't bought it yet!  :(

Quote from: penfold0101Keira Knightley. yum yum!!
hah, yeah she's ok, but i was talkin about thora still.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

i saw part of this when i was in england. it was on cable. i turned it off.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

A movie with Thora Birch called "The Hole"?

I'm surprised I haven't seen this!

Sigur Rós

Desperate to get in. Dying to get out.

Damn that is funny. The funniest tagline I've ever heard!

jokerspath

Quote from: penfold0101
Quote from: Pcos of that one chick i forgot her name, with the big ones. yep.

Keira Knightley. yum yum!!

Ya, she's a beauty, but she certainly doesn't have 'big ones'.  

I was actually looking her filmography up when I noticed she was in this, which I also saw when I was in London.  Kinda wished I paid attention to it...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

Quote from: jokerspathYa, she's a beauty, but she certainly doesn't have 'big ones'.
Quote from: P
... i was talkin about thora still.
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

Quote from: jokerspathYa, she's a beauty, but she certainly doesn't have 'big ones'.
... i was talkin about thora still.

I know the situation...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT