I'm Making a Feature Called Rise and Fail

Started by pete, September 20, 2011, 08:50:46 PM

pete

It's called Rise and Fail.
I'm producing it, my friend and long time collaborator is writing directing acting and choreographing the movie.
I'm not on set all the time, and it looks like he got much darker with the initial idea since we started.
The premise is simple - kinda Hot Fuzz meets Rainman - Kenny, and ex-thief, has spent most his life trying to regain the custody of his older brother, an institutionalized idiot savant. The evening when he finally wins back the custody - they come across a failed jewelry heist, in which the brother was pinned everything. Now the murderous thieves, hired by a weird satanic cult, along with museum security and the law, are all looking for Kenny's brother. Thus begins Kenny's long and bloody night.

The villain is played by Johnny Young-Bosch, one of the Power Rangers, and also the voice for a lot of cartoon and video game heroes.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

good title.

lots of over-acting in that teaser. i'm sure the fight scenes will be great though.

hope you make a lot of money.  :bravo:
under the paving stones.

O.

What equipment and budget are you guys working with?
superb

pete

- Buster Keaton

pete

the budget during production was 60k, and we're raising an additional 40k for all the post needs and deferred payments:
http://www.indiegogo.com/RISEANDFAIL
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

RegularKarate

72teeth

:bravo: super cool man, lemme know when/where the premier will be!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

ElPandaRoyal

I just saw the action packed trailer and it seems to have a lot of fight sequences done the right way: actual choreography and less cutting. Got me excited.
Si

pete

- Buster Keaton