There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Reel

©brad

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

I loved the anecdote about PTA eagerly hopping out of the truck and opening the gates himself.

Reel

This fuckin' rocks:

ugly, unnecessary text, though.

This one is even better than the other smoking tattoo ( awesome detail )

This is an abomination and even worse than the other 'I'm finished' tattoo

People love this movie.

Pubrick

^ haha the middle guy seems to have hypnotoad next to old man plainview. we need to befriend this guy!
under the paving stones.

Ravi

ono

A great breakdown of CMBB.  Who is this "Vocalities?"  I tend to have the same opinion about the film.  It is one of the most perfect films I have ever seen as far as sheer filmmaking power goes, even if it leaves you cold emotionally in some ways.  (The Kubrick comparisons continue to mount.)  Anyway, it's a great read.

Frederico Fellini

Wow, that was an amazing read, even though I already knew/was aware of most of it. I gotta say I've seen TWBB probably about 20-30 times and I never noticed this:

"Daniel's footprints made with oil. It's apart of him now and it always goes with him."

It's crazy how I never noticed that. It's just another one of those little neat things that PTA does. Fuck, this movie just keeps on giving, no matter how many times you see it. I haven't seen TWBB in more than a year, maybe it's time to revisit it.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Cloudy

Greenwood infuses some of his TWBB score (or just his solo stuff from the same Penderecki style) with Thom Yorke and Doom.

ono

So this is on Netflix Instant Streaming now.  That is all.

Punch

http://youtu.be/MmBORic9h34?t=5m18s

someone found the song used in the theatrical trailer (@ 5:17) idk if any has posted this before if they have i'll delete it
"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

wilder

Oh man. Thank you -- I must have spent 3 months looking for this on and off after that came out and always ended up with my hands empty.

MacGuffin

Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood Scoring There Will Be Blood Live For the First Time

Back in 2008, Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood provided the score for the Paul Thomas Anderson film There Will Be Blood. On August 6 and 7 in London, as part of the Roundhouse Summer Sessions, Greenwood and the London Contemporary Orchestra will score the film live.

Greenwood will play the ondes Martenot part during the screening with an orchestra of over 50 musicians. The piece will be conducted by Hugh Brunt.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks