PTA-a-thon.

Started by Jon, June 01, 2003, 04:55:46 PM

ono

You could always call ahead once the day before to check to see if the shipment is indeed coming, and once again in the morning before the store opens to make sure there are copies available.  Or just call around to all the different stores in your town.  If you live in a bigger city, you're bound to find at least one place that has it.

aurora

I'll have PDL on the 10th so I'll beat you all =)

©brad

i'm in. i probably won't be able to do all 4 movies, but definitely one or two- hopefully pdl. chat rooms are always fun. "Wait, you guys, this is my favorite part coming up..." that kinda thing. sounds fun.

Cecil

chat? isnt everyone gonna be talking at once?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: auroraI'll have PDL on the 10th so I'll beat you all =)

I think Sphinx has had the PDL dvd for 2 years or something...

aclockworkjj

The bummer about this idea is.....the people on the west coast get screwed because of the time difference.  I mean, unless the east coasters don't mind waiting till 10 pm to start.  Just like any other live event, the west coast gets a big shit out of luck!  For instance....having a football game start at 10 am is just wrong, Sundays are to sleep in, not too mention you feel guilty having a beer with the game that early.  Funny how we have to start the Oscars at 5pm so the lightweight east coasters can stay up to see it.....   :lol:

©brad

Quote from: aclockworkjjThe bummer about this idea is.....the people on the west coast get screwed because of the time difference.  I mean, unless the east coasters don't mind waiting till 10 pm to start.  Just like any other live event, the west coast gets a big shit out of luck!  For instance....having a football game start at 10 am is just wrong, Sundays are to sleep in, not too mention you feel guilty having a beer with the game that early.  Funny how we have to start the Oscars at 5pm so the lightweight east coasters can stay up to see it.....   :lol:

i'm on the east coast, and the later the better for me cuz i work at night.
guilty for drinking at 10am? hehe, nah. when we tailgate for college games we start pretty early. when i was a pledge we had to get up at 6am every gameday and shotgun a beer, and keep doing it every 45 mins. until the game started. yikes.

Xixax

Would 10pm be better for everyone? East coasters?

I could so a 9pm Central thing, certainly.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

phil marlowe

i'll join on boogie nights and magnolia maybe but it'll be a pretty late deal. there's nothing quite like starting to watch a three hour long movie at three in the morning.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: XixaxWould 10pm be better for everyone? East coasters?

I could so a 9pm Central thing, certainly.

works for me..... :-D

also...how does the chat function work?.....I mean, can we get a real-time chat out of it.....?

Xixax

Guess you haven't tried it, huh?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

chainsmoking insomniac

Works for me too!!!!!! :-D
*Cuts up his first line in eager anticipation of the PTA fest.....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

aclockworkjj

Quote from: XixaxGuess you haven't tried it, huh?

no, I haven't.....I sorta did, but it was confusing the shit outta me, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am behind mega-ass firewalls at work...

EL__SCORCHO

If anyone lives in NYC, you can probably find a copy of  PDL at Kim's Video earlier than the 24th. I was there today and they had "Lost in La Mancha" available for rent and they're not supposed to do that till the 24th.

Damn, come to think of it, I'm gonna check if they have PDL tomorrow.

godardian

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: XixaxGuess you haven't tried it, huh?

no, I haven't.....I sorta did, but it was confusing the shit outta me, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am behind mega-ass firewalls at work...

I have no firewalls, but I can't get the chat feature to work at all. Is it Mac-unfriendly, or something ?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.