is PTA "the one"

Started by Mellow Fellow, May 14, 2003, 02:19:13 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianproliferative
prolific. u try too hard.

anyway, Kubrick was The One.. everyone knows that. scorsese admitted so in his American Cinema series.
under the paving stones.

Kev Hoffman

Quote from: SHAFTR
I think it is foolish to rank PTA over Quentin Tarantino.  In a historical context of films...Pulp Fiction is and will be more important than Boogie Nights (although I love both).

I could put Kevin Smith on this list but I won't...so the flames don't start coming again.

I'd be inclined to agree with both of those statements.  Of course, for the latter, I may want to keep that a secret.   It is always a good idea to have flame retardant opinions, sometimes.

godardian

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: godardianproliferative
prolific. u try too hard.

Main Entry:   pro·lif·er·ate
Pronunciation:   pr&-'li-f&-"rAt
Function:   verb
Inflected Form(s):   -at·ed; -at·ing
Etymology:   back-formation from proliferation, from French prolifération, from proliférer to proliferate, from prolifère reproducing freely, from Latin proles + -fer -ferous
Date:   1873
intransitive senses
1 : to grow by rapid production of new parts, cells, buds, or offspring
2 : to increase in number as if by proliferating : MULTIPLY
transitive senses : to cause to grow by proliferating
- pro·lif·er·a·tion  /-"li-f&-'rA-sh&n/ noun
- pro·lif·er·a·tive   /-'li-f&-"rA-tiv, -f(&-)r&-tiv/ adjective [/size]
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

The Silver Bullet

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

sickfins

since paul brought dixie back to dixieland

i smell something askew

The Silver Bullet

• Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletOh, shutup.
i hope that was directed at Godard. cos carax is right.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

Really? I have noticed a lot more half decent discussion as of late as opposed to the usual "rock up at Xixax see a heap of people flame one another and leave again" crap. Maybe I have a problem with my brain. Like a tumour.
  • A hare.

godardian

Quote from: The Silver BulletOh, shutup.
i hope that was directed at Godard. cos carax is right.

*yawn* Here to stay.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Pubrick

Quote from: godardian*yawn*
u should go back to bed.
under the paving stones.

godardian

u should go back to bed.

Each and every one of my posts is delivered from the comfort of my bed, actually. That way I can simultaneously read a novel, play music, compose that day's death threats, and get my naps in. It's all about the multi-tasking for me.

atticus jones

u should go back to bed.

its all puttin me to sleep...

then again...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzout
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

godardian

Quote from: caraxlet the new baby cry
he needs to weep
because if we don't pay attention
he will cry even more

dra-dog

carax
Production Assistant

godardian
Screenwriter

brockly

Quote from: godardian
he needs to weep
he will cry even more

dra-dog

carax
Production Assistant

godardian
Screenwriter

.... what has that got to do with anything?

godardian

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: godardian
he needs to weep
he will cry even more

dra-dog

carax
Production Assistant

godardian
Screenwriter

.... what has that got to do with anything?

Just wondered what was meant by "new baby."