The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

phil marlowe

beatles are good, i dig them alot...but naming someone the greates band ever will allways fall pretty flat. exept it's busted or something then it's funny.

ShanghaiOrange

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeBest moment in a rock and roll song ever: when Ringo yells "I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS" at the end of Helter Skelter.

The Beatles are the my favorite band, and probably the best band ever, but they are overrated.

Wasn't it you who once described perfect happiness as the part in Hey Jude when it goes like : "Make it better, better, better, BETTER, BETTER AHHHHH" ?

Yeah, but rock and roll perfection and happiness are to different things. But the Beatles produced both of them. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: russiasushaHelp me out with this list of things that they did first:

Yes, they did these things first, but they didn't do it best... People lose sight of that fact...

Nick

tpfkabi

to makest that statement, thou must backeth it upeth
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

classical gas

i think the beatles are the greatest band of all time when it comes down to it.  i'm really not being defensive here, just curious as to hear what bands do you guys think are better than the beatles, and explain.  and again, this isn't a 'fuck you, give me proof that they're not the best', because it's all opinions; i'm just curious.  but try to give some specifics and so on.  maybe they're simply not your cup off tea, so it's not why they're not your favorite, just who as a whole is better.

classical gas

sorry, but seriously to continue the thread, don't want it to die on me, i'd feel guilty.  isn't 'strawberry fields forever' two songs together?  aren't they the first to do that?  maybe the last?  this might have already been said.  i'm sure they were the first to have an orchestra play out of tune for a song (day in the life).  also, john lennon was the first to have a top ten hit single with the word 'fuck' in it. i'm sure they did somethig first with 'tomorrow never knows' and 'yellow submarine', but i'm not a music expert.
so please, keep talking beatles, it makes me happy...i never knew others liked this band.

fulty

I'm really enjoying some of the Anthology albums.
Very interesting to hear the early attempts at Strawberry Fields,
and then see how they fixed it up for the final hit.

Also, "A Concert for George" blew me away.
Just wondering if that movie has been discussed around here.?
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

classical gas

didn't they uncover a lot of music that was unreleased from the white album?  has anyone heard anything about this?

Lucinda Bryte

I love the Beatles but I detest most McCartney songs. They are sooo whiny. Paperback Writer is okay though... And a couple others.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Lucinda Brytebut I detest most McCartney songs. They are sooo whiny. Paperback Writer is okay though... And a couple others.

I agree.'Yesterday' is the worst whiny crap ever made.

cine

Quote from: Jesus Christ Bobby!
Quote from: Lucinda Brytebut I detest most McCartney songs. They are sooo whiny. Paperback Writer is okay though... And a couple others.

I agree.'Yesterday' is the worst whiny crap ever made.
Even 'Hey Jude'?!?

tpfkabi

Helter Skelter????

i don't care much for Paperback Writer....if i want Beach Boy harmonies......well, by golly, i listen to the Beach Boys....a let down after We Can Work It Out
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

phil marlowe

beatles has allways been one big mess of good/bad things, i don't understand why people(beatles fans) just wont admit that. the mcartney songs are no exeptions.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: classical gasdidn't they uncover a lot of music that was unreleased from the white album?  has anyone heard anything about this?

Yes they did but it is very rare and hard to find. I think they were going called release it as 'the black album'. On another note I don't know if you know this or has already posted this in a thread but a Dj called DJ Danger Mouse put Jay-Z's Lyric's from His 'Black Album' over The White Album's music and I thought it was an interesting to put THAT together. The DJ called it The Grey Album but, of course, it isn't going to be released. I DID hear it though and it sounds very strange but it works slightly well...I guess it all depends if you like Jay-Z

Favorite Beatles Songs:
Helter Skelter
Hey Jude
Elenor Rigby
Everything On The 'Abby Road' Album
and
Accross The Universe
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection