The simpsons vrs other cartoons (official simpsons thread)

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, May 18, 2003, 08:07:36 PM

modage

Title: The Simpsons
Released: 21st December 2004
SRP: $49.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced season five of The Simpsons which will be arriving in shops this December. The set will be available to own from the 21st December, priced at around $49.98. Each of the episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Stereo and French Stereo tracks. Extras will include a commentary on Homer's Barbershop Quartet by Matt Groening, Al Jean, Hank Azaria, Jon Lovitz, Jeff Martin and Mark Kirkland, a commentary on Cape Feare by Matt Groening, Al Jean and Jon Vitti, another commentary on Homer Goes to College by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, James L. Brookes, Conan O'Brien, Jim Reardon and David Silverman, and a commentary by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Wes Archer and David Silverman on Rosebud. The final commentaries will be on Treehouse of Horror by Matt Groening, James L. Brookes, David Mirkin, Conan O'Brien, Greg Daniels, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein and David Silverman and Marge on the Lam by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Mark Kirkland, David Silverman. Completing the package will be animatics and storyboards with illustrated commentary, commercials, Tree House of Horror Sketches and deleted scenes entitled Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer Goes to College, Rosebud and lastly Treehouse of Horror IV. I'm afraid the artwork has yet to be released, but we'll bring you that shortly. We're also awaiting further details from Fox as to whether or not further commentaries will be included.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

might as well post this, yesterday's news..

'Simpsons' creator wants to run through 2009

Simpsons creator Matt Groening wants to keep the show going until at least 2009, he told the Media Guardian today.

The cult cartoon is about to enter its sixteenth series in the US; staying on air for another five years would take it to a milestone twentieth season, making it the longest-running entertainment show in US TV history to beat Gunsmoke, which ran for 20 series.

"A few years ago I thought, well, we've got to run out of steam soon and that we'd be done by now," said Groening. "We're not, in fact we're going full steam ahead."

He also confirmed that plans were underway for a Simpsons movie, due out towards the end of the decade. "Everyone on the show this year seems really re-energised and we're starting to throw out ideas for the movie and I think that will either kill the show or completely re-invigorate it."

The show is currently renewed through 2006; the vocal actors are contracted through 2008.

"The show gets harder and harder every year because we are trying to keep surprising the audience, and trying to surprise ourselves", the 50-year-old told British tabloid The Sun.

"I'd love to get to 365 episodes, so there's one for every day of the year with no repeats", he said.

He also hinted some lesser-known characters, such as Bart's mate Milhouse, will get more prominent roles in the future.

"I think we'll see more and more stories about the other characters of Springfield," he said.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

hmmm... so no more commentary on every episode?  And Simpsons watered down enough to make it last til 09?  hmmmm... I don't know about this... how about bring back Futurama instead?

classical gas

so, i figured i was an expert on this show; but i can't pinpoint this one moment....homer is playing cards over at lenny's house and lenny has one of those radars that cops use to check driver's speed.   i remember one part, homer was looking through it and said, 'what could be going at one hundred miles per--" and gets punched in the face and then later on he's told that he's slow and it goes to his brain saying, 'uh oh, they just called you slow, better think of a comeback' and then it leaves his brain and it's night time, lenny is in his pajamas and tells him to get the hell out of his house.  can someone please tell me the name and season of this episode!!!! i haven't seen it in so long; unless i always just seem to miss the beginning.

Pubrick

Quote from: classical gasso, i figured i was an expert on this show; but i can't pinpoint this one moment....homer is playing cards over at lenny's house and lenny has one of those radars that cops use to check driver's speed.   i remember one part, homer was looking through it and said, 'what could be going at one hundred miles per--" and gets punched in the face and then later on he's told that he's slow and it goes to his brain saying, 'uh oh, they just called you slow, better think of a comeback' and then it leaves his brain and it's night time, lenny is in his pajamas and tells him to get the hell out of his house.  can someone please tell me the name and season of this episode!!!! i haven't seen it in so long; unless i always just seem to miss the beginning.
the problem is that ur thinking of two different episodes.

the radar gun is from The Springfield Connection, season 6, where marge becomes a cop and the fellas are all smoking cubans and gambling at homer's place.

the second joke u remember is from Secrets of a Successful Marriage, season 5, where they are playing cards at Lenny's. and it's not that homer couldn't think of a comeback, its that he took hours to recognise that he was insulted in the first place.. when lenny calls him slow again, it resets his thinking "sumthing said, not good.."

i don't use the term 'expert' lightly..
under the paving stones.

Fernando

I've always been a Simpsons fan but lately my love is back by watching some old episodes, early this week I saw Homer's Night Out and remembered the brilliance of the show but yesterday they showed Homer Bad Man, wow, that episode has so many bright moments, it's hysterical, P you should do some caps of this one, or for old times sake, what about 'a visual defense' on the simpsons? Yes, it's been done before (Josie, Lyndon and others) but I'm sure as hell this guys deserve one (although they don't need one).

Some funny dialogue from Homer Bad Man, without caps.  :(

Homer: So, a graduate student, huh?  How come you guys can go to the moon but you can't make my shoes smell good?
Ashley: I'm sorry?
Homer: Aw, nobody's blaming you.  Hey: could you take the wheel for a second?  I have to scratch myself in two places at once.

Homer: [fearfully] Marge?  Kids?  Everything's going to be just fine. Now go upstairs, and pack your bags...we're going to start a new life...under the sea.

Announcer: Today on "Ben": mothers and runaway daughters reunited by their hatred of Homer Simpson.  And here's your host, Gentle Ben.
[a bear wearing a helmet with a microphone runs out]
Woman 1: I just have one thing to say: let's have less Homer Simpson and more money for public schools.
Woman 2: Ben, I have a question -- [Ben runs over to tables piled with food]
Man: No, Ben, no! [Ben swats him away; men shoot tranquilizers into him]
Ben is about to collapse onto the crowd, but the screen goes blank just in time.

classical gas

thanks pubrick, that was bugging the hell out of me

alas, i am no expert....

Ravi

Five more years?  The show has been good for about half of its current 16 seasons.  It should have been cancelled a couple of seasons ago, but I'd be fine with it finishing out the current season.  Who cares if it beats Gunsmoke if the show sucks?

MacGuffin

Britons want Homer Simpson as U.S. president

LONDON -- Doughnut-chomping, beer-guzzling Homer Simpson may not be the model father but he has won the hearts of British TV fans who want the nuclear power plant worker to be the next U.S. president. Former president George Bush notoriously said American families should be "closer to the Waltons than the Simpsons" but Homer was overwhelming favorite in a Radio Times magazine poll on which U.S. TV character should take over at the White House. As Americans ponder tax and security pledges from President Bush and Democratic rival John Kerry ahead of the November 2 poll, television fans have been considering Homer slogans such as "No big government, just big waist sizes."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Weak2ndAct

So... another season of the Simpsons... and a generally shrug-worthy treehouse of horror.  It started off promising (I lost my shit when they kicked up the 'Perfect Strangers' theme song), and 'The Ned Zone' was decent.  The last two segments were blah... they've really raped and pillaged every story they could by now, where can they go in future years?

classical gas

we all know that seasons 2-8 1/2 are the best.  but, i was hoping to own one of the dvds from christmas.  they've been showing season 3 here lately on syndication and it's probably one of the best, but i was thinking of asking for season five, because i haven't seen most of those episodes in a while and i remember them to be mostly perfect and there's 22 episodes.  so, would anyone agree with me on season 5?  which season is the greatest?  my family isn't made of money and neither am i, so i need to get my simpsons fix right....help!

of course this is all subjective, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

season five has the 'cape fear' one right?, but not the 'lisa on ice' :(

cine

I'd say start at season 4. But yes, season 5 has Cape Feare.

As for the greatest season, Ask Pubrick.

mogwai

pubrick says that season four to eight are the golden ones.