Modern Family

Started by Bethie, February 13, 2010, 12:12:52 AM

Bethie

You guys love this, right? I feel like this show could be an xixax favorite.

Phil...I love him. love him. love him.
who likes movies anyway

Ravi

Really funny show.  I loved how in the last episode Gloria's idea of a comedian involved a mallet.  And I had forgotten how much Ed O'Neill rocked.

cine

this show is meh for me. i DO like it.. but i'm bored of the obligatory documentary crew.

Bethie

just caught up. the topless photo. Luke asking "was it hot?"

Phil is perfect.
who likes movies anyway

Kal

Phil may be one of the funniest TV characters in a long time.

Love this. I'm hooked.

abuck1220

i've only seen bits and pieces of this, but it seems like a version of arrested development made for my mom.

Bethie

"that was my Vietnam, and I was in Vietnam"   :yabbse-thumbup:

and Luke with the photo, again!!!
who likes movies anyway

polkablues

This is by far my favorite current show that I don't actually watch.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

are you kidding? nothing i've seen or heard about this show has made it even slightly appealing.

i was under the impression it was the latest turd benchmark for what the masses are into, much like Everybody Loves Raymond before it.
under the paving stones.

jtm

Quote from: P on September 23, 2010, 02:15:20 AM
are you kidding? nothing i've seen or heard about this show has made it even slightly appealing.

i was under the impression it was the latest turd benchmark for what the masses are into, much like Everybody Loves Raymond before it.

the question is "are you kidding?"

you haven't heard anything? are you aware it just won an emmy for best comedy?

i know the emmy awards don't mean much here, so maybe it's not worth bringing up, but come on.

it's a funny fucking show.

laugh and enjoy life, P.

love,

JTM

Pubrick

haha what the fuck? because i don't think this stupid show is worth watching i suddenly don't laugh/enjoy life?

i know it won best comedy emmy but that just means they got it WRONG. just like they did with mad men, that show sucks even more than this one.

i tried watching this but all i saw was a played out talking-to-a-documentary-crew style that pretends these ppl are "spontaneous" but come off as just dull. it's the kind of show that could use a laugh track cos it's just embarrassing to watch in silence when all the jokes fall flat. the gay couple is an embarrassment to gay couples and to comedy duos. sofia vergara and al bundy are useless in that they only repeat the same joke in every situation. the rest of the cast is even less memorable or interesting. who are these people? the show is populated by nobodies and in a couple of years will be as forgotten and irrelevant as Will and Grace or Dharma and Greg. TV is really in a desperate state.
under the paving stones.

jtm

chill out man.

i still love you.  :kiss:

Pubrick

oh, now i remember you who are.. you're the nutcase who posted the ghost picture.

"JTM is fucked in the head".. i'll try to remember that.
under the paving stones.

jtm

man, i was trying to play nice and be friends but you had to go there... ok.

you're the one who's fucked in the head.

if you're as bitter in real life as you come across here, you must have a hard time living life in the real world.

ya short, pudgy, newtron 'lil' bitch!

Pubrick

Quote from: jtm on September 23, 2010, 04:10:38 AM
man, i was trying to play nice and be friends but you had to go there... ok.

you're the one who's fucked in the head.

if you're as bitter in real life as you come across here, you must have a hard time living life in the real world.

ya short, pudgy, newtron 'lil' bitch!

haha,. i knew it. you're a fucking troll.

1. regarding this thread.. i made a comment about THE SHOW and for some reason you took huge offence. you made it personal, so go fuck yourself with this "trying to play nice". anyone can see that you have repeatedly tried to start arguments with me and then acted like you have been blindsided by my defensive responses. here you made a comment that i need to laugh and enjoy life so i responded directly to it, i even gave reasons why i hate the show which you obviously ignored because you have NO interest in the actual topic, you were just looking for an excuse to jump on my nuts. you got the attention you wanted and then you turn and say "chill out i love you".. what is wrong with you?

2. regarding who you think i am.. you are OBSESSED with me.  you have an OBSESSION with my "online persona", which is strange because it appears you haven't updated it since 2006 when i was at the peak of my bitter postings or whatever. i went missing for 2 years so you might want to read up on the huge posts i've made since my return about the many things i love. to say nothing of the irrelevance this has to my real life, which you know nothing about. this obsession with my online persona leads to the last point..

3. regarding your reference to "newtron".. dude you just outed yourself as nothing but a waste of time TROLL. no one here could be expected to even remember this character you bring up, which i used for a few MONTHS and discontinued SEVEN YEARS AGO. this is really quite disturbing that you would bring it up and it shows that you have been obsessing with me for a really long time. why bring up something that NO ONE has even thought of in NEARLY A DECADE and somehow try to use it as an insult against me? dude you are fucked in the head.

this seems to always be the case with trolls who for some reason have their minds blown by me (in a bad way). you feel personally persecuted, think i'm your arch nemesis, and then act like confused little children by throwing hugely confusing signals, LOVE ME PUBRICK HATE ME OH GET MAD AT ME PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME.. maybe that's your problem, i'm sorry i never paid any attention to you before, man i couldn't even remember who the hell you were when you replied, up til the ghost picture i don't think you've ever posted anything worth remembering.

going by what you posted in warlus' suicide thread, my assessment may not be that far from the truth. you need to get help for your mental illness.
under the paving stones.