Truffaut

Started by Victor, March 30, 2003, 07:53:58 PM

Victor

I cant believe theres never been an official Truffaut thread on this board.

Ive just recently seen 400 Blows and last night watched Jules et Jim. I liked both, but Jules et Jim was better. Ive got a total thing for Jeanne Moreau now. Im getting Shoot The Piano Player next.

Any Truffaut lovers in the house? Holler back, if you wish.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Duck Sauce

Seen Fahrenheit 451, Jules et Jim, and 400 Blows, I really liked them and would like some other reccomendations.

MacGuffin

Comes out Tuesday:

Came out two weeks ago:

Also recommended:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

i think farenheit 451 is the coolest title for a novel/film, ever.

Ernie

Love him!

I love and own The 400 Blows, Jules and Jim and, Shoot the Piano Player. I actually have Small Change right now, from netflix...haven't gotten around to watching it.

I gotta see Day For Night and Fahrenheit 451. There's a lot I still want to see from him.

QuoteIve got a total thing for Jeanne Moreau now

Oh, so do I man. Jeanne Moreau is very very very beautiful. I was calling her the most beautiful woman I had ever seen before I discovered Audrey. She was the reason I bought Jules and Jim blindly, the first french film I ever saw about a year or two ago. I saw her for the two seconds they show her in Vanilla Sky...in the little clips, I was like making the order to amazon the very night I saw just those little clips. The movie looked way too cool to be real...it still seems so. One of my favorites, definitely. I couldn't think of a better introduction to french film.

Pwaybloe

If you're a Godard fan, don't forget about this leading lady:

Or this one, on the left:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: PawbloeIf you're a Godard fan, don't forget about this leading lady:

Or this one, on the left:

What movie is that!  :shock:

Duck Sauce

Quote from: PawbloeIf you're a Godard fan, don't forget about this leading lady:

whos that on the left

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Duck Saucewhos that on the left

Brigitte Bardot.

Quote from: Duck SauceWhat movie is that!  :shock:

A good one.

Cecil

Quote from: Duck SauceWhat movie is that!  :shock:

contempt.... but i dont remember seeing her breasts in that film. is that a still from the actual movie?

cine

Does ANYBODY know where I can get my paws on a Day For Night DVD that ISN'T dubbed??
I'm pretty sure theres a European one.. but aside from that.. I mean thats terrible.

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileDoes ANYBODY know where I can get my paws on a Day For Night DVD that ISN'T dubbed??
I'm pretty sure theres a European one.. but aside from that.. I mean thats terrible.

Like I posted above, came out two weeks ago:
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=15623002921494&item_id=463044
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: Pawbloe
best av ever.
under the paving stones.

cine

Sorry about that MacGuffin, I just assumed it was the same DVD I saw on here http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00007G1ZE/701-3268381-4617149 several weeks ago. In the edition details it says "Language: English" and so I assumed it was another dubbed version. When I'd read it before, it didn't have the reviews it has now. Sorry for the mixup.

snaporaz

i saw jules et jim and shoot the piano player. i honestly didn't find either one to be amazing or anything. at times, visually stunning, yes - but besides that, it all seemed pretty bland. i did like shoot the piano player a little better though.