Napoleon Dynamite

Started by picolas, April 15, 2004, 12:52:45 AM

Ravi

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/04/25/ligertosee.shtml

Liger on Public Display in Siberian Zoo
Created: 25.04.2005 12:40 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 13:17 MSK, 19 hours 18 minutes ago

MosNews

A liger — a cross between a tiger and a lion — that was born last summer has now gone on public display in an open-air enclosure at a Siberian zoo, RIA Novosti reports.

The female called Zita is one of two cubs born from a cross between a female Bengalese tiger and an African lion at Novosibirsk Zoo last summer, deputy zoo director Olga Shilo told RIA Novosti.

Zita is now an adolescent carnivore weighting 50 kilos, who feeds on meat, milk, eggs and other food that grown-up big cats eat, Shilo said.

"It is hard to say, whether Zita is more of a tiger or a lion. She is just a huge cheerful kitten, playful and sociable," Olga said.

The ligress looks like her tigress mother with clear tiger stripes, but she also has much from her father's looks, the color and some other typical features of a lion, Olga told RIA Novosti.

The ligress is currently getting used to her new open-air enclosure and getting to know the world around her. This is her first experience of this kind, because from birth she was kept indoors in a zoo building. Now she will live among other big cats, with a leopard as her nearest neighbour.

Zita's brother lives in another Siberian zoo with his parents. He has lived there since he was born and the zoo authorities are not yet planning to move him anywhere. He is in good health and is getting ready to meet the zoo's visitors, RIA Novosti added.

The birth of the two liger cubs last summer was a unique case.

"This was not the result of a scientific experiment," RIA Novosti quoted zoo director Rostislav Shilo as saying at the time. "It's just that the lion and the tiger live in neighboring caves in the Novosibirsk zoo, and got used to each other. It's practically impossible in the wild."

meatball

classical gas

had i seen this film, would i not be so confused right now?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: classical gashad i seen this film, would i not be so confused right now?
The Liger is pretty much Napoleon's favorite animal.

Though his drawing doesn't much resemble the real thing.

Myxo

jenkins

i read through this thread, and it's interesting. and bland. it's like a diary from elementary school. the two conversations were "what i thought about the movie while watching it" and "what i think about the movie in relation to what other people are thinking about the movie"

i ordered this movie and i feel like that's the craziest movie purchase i've made in a while. crazier perhaps than the shawshank redemption or the rocky series. 10 years later and i'm still thinking about napoleon dynamite. i haven't seen this movie in 10 years, btw. i wonder what i'll think of this movie now

so my question to you is, of course, what do you think of this movie now? related questions are: have you seen this recently or are you remembering it from when it was released? if it's some stupid superficial movie, are they terrific superficial ingredients? if it's so dumb and etc, why hasn't there been a napoleon dynamite since napoleon dynamite? was there a better wes anderson-style spinoff? there were definitely other wes anderson spinoffs. things like that i'm wondering today

^easy questions i think

tpfkabi

I haven't watched any of Hess' films in a while.
Gentlemen Broncos was really off putting to me.
It's pretty much disappeared.
Every once in a while I would wonder what happened to Hess and then I read that Jim Carrey was set to star in his next film. Carrey dropped out, but the last I knew it had Kristen Wiig, Zach Gal. and Owen Wilson.
Surely those 3 would not be a part of something like Broncos.

Boy, Jon Heder has disappeared as well.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.