Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

bonanzataz

i got a pack of 50 dvd-r's plus 50 dvd cases online for $70
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

jasper_window

According to davisdvd.com, Seinfeld is being prepped for a DVD release late this year or in first half of 2004.

MacGuffin

Seinfeld DVD Eyed

DVD Exclusive talked to Jerry Seinfeld about whether or not we'll see a Seinfeld DVD any time soon.

"I've heard some talk of it. It's really one of those things that, I'm not participating in that decision," says Seinfeld, "It's a distribution decision. But I'm hearing that it's in the air. They're definitely considering it."

He says that Columbia TriStar has the rights to the series now and that they are trying to find what extras should go on the DVD. "One of the things is trying to find outtakes and gag reels and stuff that we wanted to include. That has been a problem. Nobody seems to really know where that is. It's so funny. Things you never would think of when you're making a show, when you cut a scene, that you're gonna want that 10 years later. You know, it never would cross your mind. We had no such notions back then."

He adds that he is participating in what the series would look like on DVD. Look for the release to have "interviews with who, by who. You know, cast members and writers, and who we would want the commentary from. And, the other things I mentioned. What kinds of outtakes do we have? What should we use?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i was just thinking about the first season of seinfeld, it really was not that great a show.

they were trying to be woody allen ish and they just did not come off that interesting.

the show took off when they started adding really funny co stars to bounce off of .

that and the fact that they ( jerry george elaine and kramer) gave up trying to be likeable, the more and more fucked up as people they got the better the show got . Well kramer was not that bad but the other three were pretty fucked up people

thats why the last epiosde was so  perfect

SoNowThen

Yeah, a lotta people rag on the last season because it threw any hint of reality out the window, but I liked it the best. The more bizarre = more hilarious. I mourn the fact that I will never get to see a new episode of this. Kinda like when I read the comics everyday, I get really sad there's no Calvin & Hobbes anymore.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Quote from: SoNowThenYeah, a lotta people rag on the last season because it threw any hint of reality out the window, but I liked it the best. The more bizarre = more hilarious. I mourn the fact that I will never get to see a new episode of this. Kinda like when I read the comics everyday, I get really sad there's no Calvin & Hobbes anymore.

that was a show that got better with time, my fav episodes come from the end the butter shave and the english patient

the butter shave one had george pretending to be handy cap to get a better bathroom. That may very well be one of the funniest moments in tv history, that montage where they play morning train by sheena easton

the one thing on the show that i never got was that episode where kramer was on the firetruck, that screams lame sitcom idea, but they are better then that so maybe it was like aironic inside joke , i dunno it always bothers me when i see that i would love somebody to ask jerry about that.

SoNowThen

"Well, I haven't seen English Patient yet, so I can't say if it's good... or if it SUCKS!"

Hehehehhe
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SoNowThen

"Mr Peterman, you can speak Burmese?"

"No Elaine, that was gibberish."

i wish i spoke burmese :(

BonBon85

"I can't go to a bad movie by myself! What, am I going to make sarcastic comments to strangers?"

Seinfeld was probably the only sitcom whose plot often revolved around the movies. The one where Jerry learns the art of video pirating was great.

SoNowThen

When he wants the multiple operators so he can get a "proper" pirated copy... love it!!

©brad

too many great seinfeld moments to name. Yeah the show did evolve over its nine year run. i like watching the old ones just for nostalgic reasons. the episode that really put seinfeld on the map was the one that took place in the chinese restaurant when they're waiting for a table the whole time. I do think some of my favorite episodes were the later ones, when the show got really dark. (Elaine in particular, changed the most as the show went on)

SoNowThen

"Bad chicken... mess you up!"

MacGuffin

"Believe it or not George isn't at home..."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Okay, you win. That is, uncontestably THE greatest Seinfeld moment. I laughed about that one for fuckin' weeks!!