Best Music of 2011

Started by Jeremy Blackman, December 11, 2011, 12:11:21 AM

I Love a Magician

my top 50 songs of the year

nothing wild but there's enough songs on there that you'll have inevitably not heard some of it

squints

man you're lucky i kept reading cause after seeing "2011 sucked. The heat lost in the finals...." well, you know. Go Thunder.

Good list though! However,
Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 04, 2012, 10:53:13 PM
nothing wild but there's enough songs on there that you'll have inevitably not heard some of it

i think you underestimate how much time some of us spend listening to/looking for new music. the only thing i hadn't heard was Nurses (which turns out, is awesome!)

i've been trying to put a list together but i just started a new job and i'm super lazy. over the past few days A$AP Rocky's album has been on freakin' repeat.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

I Love a Magician

Quote from: squints on January 04, 2012, 11:33:32 PM
i think you underestimate how much time some of us spend listening to/looking for new music.

that's what i was saying. there's nothing on there that's super underground or anything.

and also yeah, go thunder. go heat. go basketball.

polkablues

I didn't think anything was going to bump The Head and the Heart for my favorite album of 2011, but I just discovered this album yesterday and was blown away:

Tyler Lyle - The Golden Age & The Silver Girl

With Ryan Adams having settled into listenable mediocrity, this kid is his heir apparent.
My house, my rules, my coffee

md

Quote from: squints on December 11, 2011, 04:02:44 AM
best songs/videos of the fucking year:

Grimes - "Vanessa"

M83 - "Midnight City"

Azealia Banks - "212"

Thank you for sharing that M83 Video!!!  My mind is on rewind.  Consider it blown.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Jeremy Blackman

I've given up on making a top 10. I seem to hate everything that came out in 2011.

So here's my top 6.

1. Hudson Mohawke - SATIN PANTHERS

2. Rustie - GLASS SWORDS
Highlights: All Nite, Globes, After Light

3. Radiohead - THE KING OF LIMBS
Highlights: Codex, Bloom, Lotus Flower

4. David Lynch - CRAZY CLOWN TIME
Highlights: Strange And Unproductive Thinking, Crazy Clown Time, Noah's Ark

5. Justice - AUDIO, VIDEO, DISCO.
Highlights: Helix, Horsepower, Parade

6. Glasvegas - EUPHORIC HEARTBREAK
Highlights: Dream Dream Dreaming, You, The World Is Yours