Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pozer

one week from today. at this exact time. in a dome out in La-La Land. :inlove:

I am Schmi

Quote from: Pozer on September 07, 2012, 10:00:10 PM
one week from today. at this exact time. in a dome out in La-La Land. :inlove:

Me too, brother. Excited!

noyes

Cheers for that MT link for the Ziegfeld screening  :yabbse-thumbup: (why delete it though?)
south america's my name.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: noyes on September 08, 2012, 01:01:45 AM
Cheers for that MT link for the Ziegfeld screening  :yabbse-thumbup: (why delete it though?)

Sorry. I was updating the post and some crazy shit happened with my computer. Here it is again for your purchasing pleasure and like I said, the video says 9pm, but ticketing says 7:30....

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=125&rdate=9%2F11%2F2012&sortid=1
My assholeness knows no bounds.

noyes

Will call the theater and confirm. Either way, thanks, man. Noticed cigsandredvines and thefilmstage's late tweets and rushed over to see what was going on. Anyway, cheers again :yabbse-thumbup:
south america's my name.

InTylerWeTrust

Someone that attended TIFF, posted this on Twitter:

EDIT:    Pubrick is right, it's the worst fucking quality possible and it's stupid and pointless to post it. But with that said, it's a pic from THE MASTER..... and this is THE MASTER THREAD.  :finger:  BLOW ME.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Pubrick

is that a bootleg screen grab? what the fuck is the use of posting that?

"great so.. uh.. this is an image in the movie, folks. look at it, it's an image! in the shittiest possible quality!"

fuck outta here with that.
under the paving stones.

HeywoodRFloyd

Can someone confirm if this year's 'I drink your milkshake' is 'That's a pussy'

Pubrick

tyler why did you delete your post? please repost your psychotic tirade so i can reply to all of your points. otherwise, if you're not going to, let me know and i'll just summarise it and reply anyway..
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Pubrick on September 08, 2012, 04:30:10 AM
tyler why did you delete your post? please repost your psychotic tirade so i can reply to all of your points. otherwise, if you're not going to, let me know and i'll just summarise it and reply anyway..

Realized it contributes absolutely NOTHING to this thread so why have it here?

But PM me dude, let's talk. (I know that's not your style, you're more into the whole "Let me involve everyone into my bullshit games, so everybody can see how cool and in control I am" thing.....  but PM me, it's better).  Sadly, there you won't get your precious Karma points. But Oh well..

theyarelegion

private witt—come back—all is forgiven.

HeywoodRFloyd

Venice Film Festival, Best Actor Award goes to Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, It was a tie.

(Phoenix not there. Hoffman is. "I put my suit on in the bathroom, so please don't judge.")

Special Jury Prize (Not Silver Lion - Best Director) goes to Paul Thomas Anderson

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on September 08, 2012, 12:44:39 PM
Venice Film Festival, Best Actor Award goes to Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, It was a tie.

(Phoenix not there. Hoffman is. "I put my suit on in the bathroom, so please don't judge.")

Special Jury Prize (Not Silver Lion - Best Director) goes to Paul Thomas Anderson
( They Made a mistake by announcing Paul had won the best director award, they have exchanged their awards)

Also
Sources say the jury was set to award the Golden Lion to the Paul Thomas Anderson-directed feature, but because of a quirk in the rules has decided to give the award instead to Korean director Kim Ki-duk's Pieta.
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/venice-controversy-jury-yanks-top-the-master-368892

Drenk

Quote"It's like giving away a bit of a magic trick," said Anderson, speaking by phone from Paris, between his promotional duties for the film in Venice and Toronto. "I would hate to expose something, but I'd be lying if I said he wasn't incredibly methodical and thoughtful about what he was doing but probably only in service of being able to then be completely unpredictable."

Paris ? He was at Paris ? He was just here. And he didn't do a special screening for me ? :doh:

I think I'll go to London in november ! So excited !
Ascension.

InTylerWeTrust

BEWARE:   

The new LA TIMES article on Joaquin Phoenix contains MAJOR SPOILERS.  STAY AWAY! (I'm kinda pissed off that I read the first page : /)

On another note,  Seidl is Best Director. Anderson gets Special Jury Prize

That's some bullshit right there...

Via The Hollywood reporter:   

"New festival rules apparently prohibit one film from garnering more than two major awards, so the jury was asked to re-deliberate to remove one of the awards. After what a source described as a heated session, the jury decided to take the Golden Lion away from Master and give it to Pieta."

:elitist: