best album covers ever

Started by sphinx, March 19, 2003, 03:09:56 PM

Pas

Rush has the best

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Hemispheres
(They're on a brain, the sculpture on the right and the business man on the left, quite genius)

This one takes the cake, A Farewell to Kings

note: resized by admin.

aclockworkjj

thanks to neon for the resurrection.  good thread.

I will only add one:

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Find Your Magali

A couple from Genesis that I always liked:

And I was never quite sure how to feel about this cover:

bonanzataz

feel nothing for it. billy joel sucks the big one.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

meatwad

zappa has some good ones, but this is my favorite

my favorite of the beefheart covers

the light and day ep. Going to see them this friday in brooklyn. Can't wait.

Sigur Rós

Not only a great cover but my favorit cd at the moment.

[/img]

godardian

The only one I see that I really like is the first Velvet Underground... the rest seems like a lot of prog-rock hooey...

Some of mine (note the absence of gnomes, wizards, or tubular bells):

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Pulp - This is Hardcore

....I love that cover

And your right, the Smiths' covers are great

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: godardian(note the absence of gnomes, wizards, or tubular bells):

.::eats graham crackers, drinks orange flavored juicy juice, and speaks w/ a lisp::

."s-why you don't like gnomeths?   if zylark the withard heard th-you he would cast  a s-s-s-spell on you and thend you back to planet mesh-a-zork..

long live the gnomeths we will rules the world.."

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: godardianI also really love these:

:wink: You are my kind of guy.

TheVoiceOfNick

The last one, if you're a graphic designer, would love to know about the amount of branding that this album had... everything of theirs from this era was based on that orange loud speaker...

freakerdude

Come on neon, did you have to Akien us? That was a real buzz kill.

I can't find a bunch of covers on the net to post and don't have a site to put them on so here's a few I like w/o the cover.

Sorry for my lameness.....

Black Sabbath self titled debut and Heaven & Hell
Led I, Houses Of The Holy, and Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd - Animals
AC/DC - Powerage
Jane's Addiction - Nothing Shocking
Godsmack self titled debut
Rage RATM self titled debut
MC Pee Pants

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *