Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Are you keeping some kind of production journal or something? We need at least a minor debriefing when you're done.

Ghostboy

I vent a lot on twitter. @davidpatricklowery

Alexandro

holy shit! I didn't know!!
the best of luck!!

ono

Quote from: Ghostboy on August 05, 2012, 11:12:20 PM
I vent a lot on twitter. @davidpatricklowery

...or just @davidlowery.  :oops:

polkablues

He's too busy directing the best movie of 2013 (no pressure) to get his twitter handle right.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

polkablues

Ghostboy, I just recognized your steadicam operator, Dave Isern, in one of the photos.  He was our replacement DP on G.P.S.  Great guy, hell of a camera operator.
My house, my rules, my coffee

InTylerWeTrust

God damn, that looks so fucking cool....

Great. Now I'm depressed and inspired at the same time   :)
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Champion Souza

Ghostboy has a helluva soup strainer. 

Reel

Pubrick

Well that was quick.

I hope he remembered to turn the camera on.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pubrick on August 16, 2012, 04:08:40 AM
Well that was quick.

I hope he remembered to turn the camera on.

Actually, if you look at the pic that Ravi poster, you'll see that he never used a camera. He takes people on tours of the film's locations and tells them what happens. The dude with the coffee seems a little bored, but I'm sure it's great.

Reel

I wonder if this is gonna be anywhere near as good as 'Boondock Saints'

MacGuffin

First Official Image Of Rooney Mara & Casey Affleck In 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints'
Source:Playlist

Rooney Mara, Ben Foster and Casey Affleck. Those three names tied to one movie should be enough reason alone for you to go see it, but in a "Bonnie & Clyde"-esque, '70s set drama? Yeah, we're definitely in.

The trio are starring in "Ain't Them Bodies Saints," which shot over the summer and is gearing up to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in Janaury. The project comes from writer and director David Lowery, whose short film "Pioneer" won the 2011 Grand Jury Award at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival. 'Saints' is something he developed as part of the Creative Producing Labs and Creative Producing Summit at Sundance, and he has certainly taken it over the finish line in a pretty spectactular way. Here's the official synopsis:

In the tradition of BADLANDS and BONNIE & CLYDE, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS tells the story of Bob Muldoon and Ruth Guthrie, two young outlaws who are brought down by the authorities in the hills of Texas. Four years later, Bob escapes from prison and sets out across the countryside to find Ruth and the daughter he's never met - unaware that Ruth has set her past behind her and struck up a relationship with a lawman who is tied to their violent past.

Keith Carrandine and Nate Parker co-star, and while it will be looking for distribution in Park City, we don't think it'll have any trouble finding any.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063280

Variety announces 10 Directors to Watch
Line-up includes two films preeming at Sundance
Posted: Fri., Dec. 7, 2012, 4:00am PT
By PETER DEBRUGE

Variety has announced its 10 Directors to Watch list, representing up-and-coming helmers whose early work suggests promising careers ahead.

The lineup includes Haifaa Al-Mansour ("Wadjda"), Wayne Blair ("The Sapphires"), John Krokidas ("Kill Your Darlings"), Tobias Lindholm ("A Hijacking"), David Lowery ("Ain't Them Bodies Saints"), Andres Muschietti ("Mama"), David Ondricek ("In the Shadow") and Rebecca Thomas ("Electrick Children"), along with two directing duos.

Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, who wrote "The Hangover," make their helming debut with "21 and Over" this spring, while "Kon-Tiki" directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg represent Norway in the Oscar foreign-language film race. Ondricek's "In the Shadow" was also submitted for Academy consideration, representing the Czech Republic.

The internationally diverse group ranges from Al-Mansour, Saudi Arabia's first female director, to Aussie helmer Blair, whose lively look at Aboriginal girl group "The Sapphires" debuted at Cannes. "Mama," a remake of Argentine director Muschietti's Spanish short film, was produced by Guillermo del Toro, stars Jessica Chastain. Universal will release the pic on Jan. 18.

Profiles will run in the Jan. 3 Daily Variety.

Several of the directors have spent the year traveling the fest circuit, with at least five screening their work at the Palm Springs Film Festival next month, where Variety hosts its 10 Directors to Watch event on Jan. 6. Later in the month, "Ain't Them Bodies Saints" and "Kill Your Darlings" will preem in narrative competition at Sundance.