New Dirs to add

Started by Greenaroo, January 08, 2003, 01:52:17 PM

Ernie

Quote from: GhostboyYou should just take a bus and spend the whole weekend there and see it like three or four times (unless you end up not liking it)...

Oh, don't even speak of such a thing. I will like it, I know I will. I mean, how could I not? I love David Gordon Green, I love Zooey, I love Paul Schneider, I love the trailer. I couldn't take that kind of disappointment. That would be the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced movie-wise.

Anyway, I've considered the bus idea. I just don't think I could ever get away with it. My mom would kill me.

Ghostboy

Well, all I'm sayin' is...don't build it up that much for yourself. Consider the fact that it COULD be a sophomore slump film...

Then when you'll see it you'll like it a whole lot more.

I remember when I was about twelve I started taking my bike to the movies to see everything my parents normally wouldn't have let me see (starting with 'The Crow'). Once they realized that, they pretty much let me do whatever I wanted...but I wonder if they'd have let me go to NY when I was sixteen. Well, probably. They let my brother go to Ireland when he was seventeen.

xerxes

my mother let me travel to a foreign country when i was 16

©brad

well this thread has officially gone to shit...

Ernie

You guys are just lucky then. I mean, I thought my mom was pretty lenient but yours are fucking awesome. That is really cool.

Ernie

Ernie

Sigur Rós

Spike Jonze! add him...Adaptation is frequently discussed at this board. Why not give him his own thread. I mean Wes Anderson has his own :lol:

BonBon85

So I went to open up my local paper this morning, and what do I find but a HUGE interview with David Gordon Green. It says ALL the Real Girls opens at a theater about twenty minutes from my house on Friday. I guess my town's not so bad after all. In the interview DGG makes fun of Macy Gray being in Spiderman and Fiona Apple's speech that one year at the MTV awards.

Ghostboy

Macy Gray in Spiderman = not cool

Fiona's speech = cool

He also hates DV, which is a count against him. But damn, George Washington is good.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BonBon85So I went to open up my local paper this morning, and what do I find but a HUGE interview with David Gordon Green. It says ALL the Real Girls opens at a theater about twenty minutes from my house on Friday. I guess my town's not so bad after all. In the interview DGG makes fun of Macy Gray being in Spiderman and Fiona Apple's speech that one year at the MTV awards.

What paper is that? Is the article online to link to?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

BonBon85

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat paper is that? Is the article online to link to?

Sorry, I checked but there isn't.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GhostboyMacy Gray in Spiderman = not cool

Fiona's speech = cool

He also hates DV, which is a count against him. But damn, George Washington is good.

Why is it a count against him? I hate DV its too raw.

ebeaman, can you cool out a bit?

Ghostboy

You shouldn't HATE anything. I personally prefer to use film, but I think DV is one of the best things to happen to indie filmmaking.

An actor whose name I won't mention (because it might discredit the following quote) said that aside from making it easier for poor filmmakers to get their movies made, DV filmmaking will force indies to be that much better, because there will be so many more being produced.

I agree completely.

Okay, Ethan Hawke said that. Chelsea Walls wasn't that good, but he's got the right idea about DV.

Cecil

thats true. of course film looks better, way better, but ignoring dv as a possible tool for filmmaking is foolish (im pretty sure i stole that line from someone).