This is disturbing..

Started by Myxo, April 15, 2004, 02:16:05 PM

Ghostboy

His music is WORSE than a whole lot of nothing...I heard a clip on the radio today and it was even more terrible than I had imagined...but as a whole, yes, nothing good has come from American Idol, nothing ever will and at least this guy is intentionally unintentionally hilarious.

godardian

Quote from: GhostboyHis music is WORSE than a whole lot of nothing...I heard a clip on the radio today and it was even more terrible than I had imagined...but as a whole, yes, nothing good has come from American Idol, nothing ever will and at least this guy is intentionally unintentionally hilarious.

Yes... he may not have the technical ability within him to produce the robotic, by-the-numbers vocal histrionics of "successful" American Idol participants, but he does have more personality. Which really isn't saying much- personality, intelligence, wit, style, or any kind of emotion are clearly verboten in the world of American Idol- but I'd hang out with that guy SO much more willingly than with Clay Aiken or the others, who are unquestionably creepier. Even if he does have Down's syndrome- anyone with Down's syndrome already automatically has a more interesting take on life than the Clay Aikens do.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

Guys, let's bring back the word mongoloid.
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: SlombGuys, let's bring back the word mongoloid.

Let's not.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SHAFTR

I've gone on ITunes and listened to 30 second clips from all of the album.  It's bad, but so funny.  Hotel California had me rolling around laughing.  I'm half tempted to download it, I have a lot of pepsi itunes caps left.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Ghostboynothing good has come from American Idol, nothing ever will

.what ????..i suggest you pick up one of these ruben plush dolls....there out of the aiken one... :(

*so cuddly and soft* :love:

Thrindle

Quote from: godardianI'm going to go out on a limb and say that he doesn't strike me as any more atrocious than any other American Idol contestant

Oh Godardian... please take that back.  Listen to George Huff or Fantasia Barrino on this year's Idol.  I have never heard voices like these from amateur talent.  I mean, they are incredible.
Classic.

panthera_tigris

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: godardianI'm going to go out on a limb and say that he doesn't strike me as any more atrocious than any other American Idol contestant

Oh Godardian... please take that back.  Listen to George Huff or Fantasia Barrino on this year's Idol.  I have never heard voices like these from amateur talent.  I mean, they are incredible.

I agree that this season has produced some fine talent, most is predictable and commercialized, but fine for America's standards nonetheless. But, Fantasia's voice is like listening to my heater at night when it makes that annoying humming noise and it keeps me up till 2 in the morning making me want to rip off my ears...at least when I hear her I can change the channel...hell, i'd rather watch my hubby's Ring Of Honor wrestling dvd (not bad, just not my cup of tea) than listen to her sing...or listen to Randy say Yo Yo Yo 50 million fucking times.
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.
- Merchant of Venice: Act 4

El Duderino

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhe needs to see an orthodontist..

or a voice coach.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

William Hung Wants to Play Only Good Guys

Critics have described his singing as less than kind, but "American Idol" reject William Hung says he wants to play only good-guys in his fledgling acting career.

In Singapore to promote his first film, the action-comedy "Where is Mama's Boy?," the Hong Kong-born Hung ruled out any nasty roles.

"I would like to preserve a good image and not play the bad guy or do anything that's obscene," Hung was quoted by The Straits Times newspaper as telling a news conference.

Hung stars in the Cantonese-language film, opening Thursday in Singapore, playing a street vendor who befriends a music club owner played by Hong Kong starlet Nancy Sit.

Hung shot to fame in the United States in a bungled but earnest audition for the U.S. talent show "American Idol." The 21-year-old won legions of fans by telling the judges he did his best and had no regrets about being panned for his nerdy, out-of-tune rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs."

Hung, who studies in California, later released an unlikely hit album "Inspiration" that has sold more than 100,000 copies.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin"Inspiration" that has sold more than 100,000 copies.

Int. Airplane.

Manager: So Mr. Hung, because we´re thankful to you thousands of fans that bought the cd, we'll fly them to this tropical isolated island for a one time concert.

Cut to island, concert is starting.

WH: She bangs, she bangs...

Crowd: Cheers and applaud.

WH: She moves, she mov..hu?! TSUNAMIIIIIII!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Giant wave sweeps off entire island.

Cut to CNN news room.

Anchorman: Another Tsunami took place in some remote deserted island, no one will be missed. And later, what's inside your pillow and why can it kiil you.

pete

if I wanna see a movie starring a singing dancing retarded dude, I'll just rent Chicago thank you.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pas

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: MacGuffin"Inspiration" that has sold more than 100,000 copies.

Int. Airplane.

Manager: So Mr. Hung, because we´re thankful to you thousands of fans that bought the cd, we'll fly them to this tropical isolated island for a one time concert.

Cut to island, concert is starting.

WH: She bangs, she bangs...

Crowd: Cheers and applaud.

WH: She moves, she mov..hu?! TSUNAMIIIIIII!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Giant wave sweeps off entire island.

Cut to CNN news room.

Anchorman: Another Tsunami took place in some remote deserted island, no one will be missed. And later, what's inside your pillow and why can it kiil you.

HA HA! WITTY !!!   :twisted:   :crazyeyes:  :inlove:  :idea:  :waving:

MacGuffin

Drops Tuesday:

1. Miracle Moment    
2. It's A Miracle    
3. Because Of You    
4. Tie A Yellow Ribbon    
5. Achy Breaky Heart    
6. I Love L.A.    
7. Summer Moment    
8. Surfin' USA    
9. Dance Dance    
10. Just Do It    
11. Ocean Deep    
12. Right Here Waiting    
13. Healing Hands    
14. I Left My Heart In San Francisco    
15. Final Moment    
16. Take Me Out To The Ball Game
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Garam

This is weird. Last night, i typed in 'Harmony Korine' into the search engine and this thread shows up. I read it and have a good laugh, then the next day i find this:

http://www.brokennewz.com/displaystory.asp_Q_storyid_E_1027hungdeath

How unusual.