Tarantino's Casting

Started by cine, April 01, 2003, 09:50:46 AM

phil marlowe

heeheheehe.

this better get ugly.

cine

Pubrick

hey i think there might be a thread left over in the tech talk forum that u havn't replied to. u should check it out, ppl will care.

..and welcome to the internet.
under the paving stones.

cine

Thanks a bunch. i take it in the analina.

Pwaybloe

dumb joke.  me edit.  me sorry.

Cecil

you guys are pretty harsh

soixante

David Carradine is a fine actor.  He was great in Bound for Glory.  He also had great cameos in Mean Streets and Long Goodbye.  With his 70's Corman/Kung Fu background, he fits into the QT aesthetic.
Music is your best entertainment value.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: soixanteDavid Carradine is a fine actor.  He was great in Bound for Glory.  He also had great cameos in Mean Streets and Long Goodbye.  With his 70's Corman/Kung Fu background, he fits into the QT aesthetic.

Damn right. "Death Race 2000" all the way.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

for the love of god could we puleeease implement some rules for newbies? a few suggestions;

1. no more than 5 posts a day for your first month of membership.
2. no talking shit to anyone cooler than you, which would denote every member on this board except gold trumpet.
3. No cussing in the threads until you've reached 50 posts.

Cecil

Quote from: cbrad4dfor the love of god could we puleeease implement some rules for newbies? a few suggestions;

2. no talking shit to anyone cooler than you, which would denote every member on this board except gold trumpet.

thats insane!! what the hells wrong with you people? why are you guys always picking on the newbies? what did cinephile do that was so wrong?

©brad

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: cbrad4dfor the love of god could we puleeease implement some rules for newbies? a few suggestions;

thats insane!! what the hells wrong with you people? why are you guys always picking on the newbies? what did cinephile do that was so wrong?

i was joking

Cecil

oh thank god.

i seriously thought everyone was nuts

The Silver Bullet

I like to think that my first month of membership has been pretty damned respectable, actually. I love me.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

snaporaz

back on topic...i too was sorta annoyed by casting the likes of sonny chiba and david carradine. not because they can't act or aren't big stars or whatever else type of bullshit someone might say. i just feel that tarantino is almost like kevin smith, but 50 times cooler. both smith and qt end up casting people they totally fucking love from their past. smith did it oh so fucking horribly with his films, especially since they were just a bunch of lame-ass cameos so the audience can say "whoah, geroge carlin was in it! hey! that was mark hamill...and those guys from american pie! fucking cool!!!!1111". they really didn't put shit into the picture. especially in dogma...god. like salma hayek and chris rock were really chosen for their acting abilities.  :roll:

anways...as i was saying, i find this practice kind of annoying. however, jackie brown wasn't too bad and i didn't mind having pam grier in it, even though it was basically a neo-pam grier movie. and i'm sure carradine and chiba's characters will be quite interesting, as opposed to smith's usual garbage. so yeah, even though it's annoying to find this shit out, it's not entirely disappointing.