Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: 72teethJust met Kaki King in Berkley last night.
did she start tapping u all over the place and playing bongo drums on ur bald head like homer did to mr burns? "he's getting a pretty good sound out of that guy" cos if she did, that's awesome.
under the paving stones.

72teeth

she did indeed, but got much better sounds out of slapping the lap steel. seriously, she puts on one great fuckin show.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reinhold

I met Desmond Tutu the other day.

He's an amazing man.

I got to ask him a question and shake his hand and give him a t-shirt and some jam and get my picture taken with him and write him a note.

I really admire him... now that I've met him, the two people left on my list are the Dalai Lama and Mr. Rogers.

If i can get out there, i think that I'll be meeting the Dalai Lama and U2 next year in colorado.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ono

Quote from: Reinhold MessnerMr. Rogers.
...you're a couple years late.

Pubrick

Quote from: onomataviva
he knows, that's the fucked up part.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: onomataviva
he knows, that's the fucked up part.
Anyone up for some good ol' fashion gravedigging?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Brazoliange

I've met Lloyd Kaufman and the Dresden Dolls
Long live the New Flesh

Reinhold

ordinarily, yes... but this is mr. rogers. that's just not cool.

i don't want to meet him now that he's dead, but i really would have loved to while he was alive. i'd take him over my dad anyday. in either state of living.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerordinarily, yes... but this is mr. rogers. that's just not cool.

i don't want to meet him now that he's dead, but i really would have loved to while he was alive. i'd take him over my dad anyday. in either state of living.

Reinhold's dad:

My house, my rules, my coffee

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

killafilm

I met this guy, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0811746/, tonight in North Hollywood.  My friend was doing his schtick at an open mic and we met this guy who liked my friends routine.  It was a weird fun night.

Bethie

you didnt meet anyone tonight kid. (your link doesn't work)
who likes movies anyway

noyes

i met harmony korine in cheap jacks in union square, cross the street from virgin.
he was buying a dirty used cardigan, and i introduced myself. "hey" and "this shit looks good," were the only things he said.
i once told Christina Ricci to get coffee across the street at Cosi, since they didn't have any at United Artists, where i was working at the time.
I met Kieran Culkin there as well. and Chris Parnell. and Chris Rock. and James Wood.
as far as people i haven't met, but have seen, it's endless.
south america's my name.

Pubrick

Quote from: Bethieyou didnt meet anyone tonight kid. (your link doesn't work)
remove the comma, there:

Quote from: killafilmhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0811746/
i was gonna say that he's still nobody. but apparently he was on dr katz, clip available at his site (which has a really long flash intro) http://www.barrysobel.com/videos/ so he's alrite. and also a heap of other stuff which leads me to believe that u've probably hung out with him urself.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: killafilmhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0811746/
Ellen Burstyn had a show?!?
Quote from: noyesi met harmony korine in cheap jacks in union square, cross the street from virgin. he was buying a dirty used cardigan, and i introduced myself. "hey" and "this shit looks good," were the only things he said.
i would just like to point out that 'cheap jacks' is NOT cheap.  they are expensive as hell.  see: selling a vintage coca-cola t-shirt for $175!  

side thought: does it take something away from people you dig to know they pay outrageous amounts of money for thrift store clothes, when you'd rather just think they are so cool they were just born with them or you know, ACTUALLY bought them at a thrift store.  cause i think it makes me a little sad. or maybe just because i cant afford it...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.