PTA on KRCW.com

Started by ABKman18, June 25, 2003, 02:11:31 PM

sphinx

:yabbse-cry:

why would you do that, jeremy?  i just recovered!  i just recovered!

i miss yabb

Gold Trumpet

What is the spelling of the movie PTA mentioned as wanting to make like when he makes hisnext film? I am clueless on how to even approach spelling it.

~rougerum

ono

Do you mean Baraka and/or Koyaanisqatsi?

And I've just gotta say, that interview is just amazing.  Don't know why, but I just loved listening to it.  I don't know if this is possible or legal, but if it is, it would make a great addition to the DVD of PTA stuff being assembled.  On the screen during the sound, perhaps you could play some sort of simple psychadelic animation or something that loops but can be random or varied.  Just a thought.

sphinx

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaDo you mean Baraka and/or Koyaanisqatsi?

And I've just gotta say, that interview is just amazing.  Don't know why, but I just loved listening to it.  I don't know if this is possible or legal, but if it is, it would make a great addition to the DVD of PTA stuff being assembled.  On the screen during the sound, perhaps you could play some sort of simple psychadelic animation or something that loops but can be random or varied.  Just a thought.

it's already been in the works for some time now...we have some amazing things to show you guys, but it's all a question of what fits on the disc.

Gold Trumpet

ty, Ono. Also, excellent idea on bringing the interview to dvd. Hopefully someone of power here saw that one.

~rougerum

SoNowThen

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaDo you mean Baraka and/or Koyaanisqatsi?

it's already been in the works for some time now...we have some amazing things to show you guys, but it's all a question of what fits on the disc.

I am sooooo unbelievably excited to hear you speak of this...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pozer

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

The really funny part was when CJ was freakin out about radiohead he said to me, "I'm about to piss my pants... That's Thom Yorke right behind you." And I said... "Who is Thom Yorke?"

True story.
Serious?

Jeremy Blackman

oakmanc234

I'm confused. What exactly did PTA say about his next project? I couldn't hear the interview (kind of hard to when you don't have a sound card). Something about a 'Baraka'-type flick? (please god no).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

bluejaytwist

Quote from: marvin ghey
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

The really funny part was when CJ was freakin out about radiohead he said to me, "I'm about to piss my pants... That's Thom Yorke right behind you." And I said... "Who is Thom Yorke?"

True story.

verified.
i maintained tho.
had a pleasent conversation with thom
and am better off for it.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

chainsmoking insomniac

I'll just go to IMDB.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

chainsmoking insomniac

Too bad Dudley Moore's not in the film.  I thought "10" was fucking great.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en