Xixax Mixtape Exchange

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 05, 2010, 10:55:50 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So, I was thinking, you admins and mods and other forms of authority take upon yourselves, for reasons unknown to me, to host awards stuff for the Oscars every year (or rather Xixax awards).  I'm incredibly grateful that you accept that burden so that we as a board can immediately thereafter launch into tirades about how incredibly wrong each outcome is or pat each other on the back and say "Yeah, we can all seem to agree on Best Supporting Actress."

Well, now I'd like to give back to you guys.  And the rest of you guys.  And girls.

I'd like to try to help organize a Xixax Mixtape Exchange.  Now, as I post this, this is all preliminary.  Nothing is official, I'm just testing the waters to see if you guys actually want to have some fun with this.  

In fact, I'm not even sure what I could do to organize things.  But I'd accept that responsibility.  I figure I could organize who would trade with who, we could do a new one each month, or something, maybe use rapidshare, etc.

What does everyone/anyone think?

-----------------------------------------------

CURRENT/TENTATIVE RULES (to efficiently participate, follow these guidelines):

1.  Must be uploaded as a .rar or .zip. 
These are easiest to open.

2. Songs must be organized by number as you wish for them to appear on your mixtape.
Order is key.

3.  This first post will be updated with the theme of each month's mixtape.
Themes will be decided on Xixax posters -- just like you!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cronopio 2

i'm in!
i love mixtapes ever since i was little.

i think a good way to make this work would be to pick a topic each week or whenever we're bored and you just contribute when you feel like it, the same way it works in the caption thread or those other threads where there's no need to  schedule things.

rules:
the mixtape must be uploaded as a rar or zip file  and be organized as such, meaning that the title of the album will be the same for each of the songs and they will have a numerical order. 

i'd suggest a topic for a playlist right now but i'm too tired.

picolas

how about the soundtrack to some movie that doesn't exist. like a pt sci fi or something, but more specific.

mogwai

Don't you guys have spotify in your country?

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Mogwai on July 06, 2010, 11:19:23 AM

This is about the exchange of mixtapes between fellow Xixaxers, man.  Fuck.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

jtm

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on July 07, 2010, 01:10:54 AM

haha!

anyway, i think this sounds like a great idea! i'm down for it.

cronopio 2

yeah i'm against spotify as well because you can't carry around that music. nothing like good old mp3s wherever you go.

my suggestions for the first mixtape:
- a one hour mixtape for making excercise that consists only of rock songs.
- music to drink wine and eat cheese to.

i love picolas' idea, though.

cinemanarchist

Let's do this. I'm always game for mixtapes.

Some suggestions:

-Boogie Nights Vol. 3
-Music In Plainview (Jams for Daniel's iPod Touch)
-Big Ass Boombox (old school hip-hop)
-Beach Kindlin' (songs to go with beach reading)

My assholeness knows no bounds.

mogwai

Okay... just asking. But I dig this idea and will whole heartily follow this idea.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Mogwai on July 07, 2010, 10:38:41 AM

Okay... just asking. But I dig this idea and will whole heartily follow this idea.

I was just kidding.  I'm mostly just upset that I don't have spotify in my country yet :(

I Love a Magician

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on July 07, 2010, 09:46:21 AM
Let's do this. I'm always game for mixtapes.

Some suggestions:

-Boogie Nights Vol. 3
-Music In Plainview (Jams for Daniel's iPod Touch)
-Big Ass Boombox (old school hip-hop)
-Beach Kindlin' (songs to go with beach reading)

these themes are cool, but i think they should be pretty vague and not suggest any certain genre.

looking forward to making a mixtape. been a long time since i was an 18-year-old trying to woo a girl (YES, A GIRL)

Robyn

Quote from: I Love a Magician on July 08, 2010, 08:43:37 AMthese themes are cool, but i think they should be pretty vague and not suggest any certain genre

Yeah, this.

Quote from: I Love a Magician on July 08, 2010, 08:43:37 AMlooking forward to making a mixtape. been a long time since i was an 18-year-old trying to woo a girl (YES, A GIRL)

I made a mixtape for a girl once. I ended it with Carissa's Wierd - Sofisticated Fuck Princess Please Leave Me Alone.

The fucking cunt.

cronopio 2

there's no better way to win a woman's heart than an epic mixtape, because if she's not into that, then she's not your type and you have to go looking somewhere else.

so when's the deadline?

polkablues

All right, then.  Everybody make the most epic mixtape that you would give to a girl you wanted to have intimate relations with.  You have one week.
My house, my rules, my coffee