NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Pas on May 17, 2011, 12:15:50 PM
USA is funny. Very low cost of life and very high debts.

My friend's father bought a 30 000$ beach side condo in florida. You can hardly get a 1 bedroom condo for less than 200 000$ in Montreal.

You buy LA Noire and get 40$ of free stuff, and I'm sure the game is like 50$? I just paid 80$ for LA Noire with sales tax and got no bonus except the preorder little stuff.

The game was made in Australia and my dollars are worth more/same. Poor Canada.

Excellent point which went unnoticed because USA ppl don't know how good they have it.

Yes the game is Australian which is awesome but its fucking $80 to $100 here can you believe that shit? Our dollar is worth more than American for gods sake. We're rich as fuck why is this still happening? Well its a major problem here in everything and apparently so many ppl complained that Apple was forced to respond by correcting the pricing of some shit in their app store not that I benefitted cost fuck apple. The point is hopefully this will set some kind of predendent at the very least for downloadable content like xbla games which should be priced equally across the board.

ANYWAY, I bought an xbox 360.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

haha!

however i'm on his side.

360 is the poorman's console. alright alright alright. that statement is for sure debateable and i'm but a mere casual gamer. ps3. bluray, better controller, better choice. imos.

Stefen

Quote from: Pozer on July 21, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
haha!

however i'm on his side.

360 is the poorman's console. alright alright alright. that statement is for sure debateable and i'm but a mere casual gamer. ps3. bluray, better controller, better choice. imos.

The only thing I prefer on my PS3 is the bluray, since Xbox doesn't have it. Everything else I prefer on Xbox, including the controller and Xbox LIVE which I think blows PSN out of the water, when PSN is working of course.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

*Knock On Wood* I've never had my 360 crap out on me, but it runs so loud and hot that I'm always afraid the fucker is about to catch on fire or take off. Playing the PS3 just feels safer. The 360 is like something your crazy uncle whipped up in his garage. That said Xbox Live is 100 times better than PSN, if you're into that sort of thing.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pozer

when y'all say xbox live is "better" youre talking because of the bigger community thing right? they did get a year headstart and all.
PSN is free by the way. though personally i'm not
Quote from: cinemanarkissed on July 21, 2011, 04:02:49 PM
into that sort of thing.

Stefen

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on July 21, 2011, 04:02:49 PM
*Knock On Wood* I've never had my 360 crap out on me, but it runs so loud and hot that I'm always afraid the fucker is about to catch on fire or take off. Playing the PS3 just feels safer. The 360 is like something your crazy uncle whipped up in his garage. That said Xbox Live is 100 times better than PSN, if you're into that sort of thing.

I hated that about my old 360. I also hated how it always broke. I went through 2 of them in 3 years. A few months ago I bought the new XboxS and it's been working like a dream and super quiet. It gets hot, but that's to be expected.

Yeah, I can't stand PSN. Since I don't have cable, I use everything exclusively through XBox LIVE and PSN and the only thing PSN has is Netflix, but it's so clunky and difficult to navigate, it's not even worth it. I use Netflix, Hulu + and ESPN on XBox LIVE.

I don't play games that often anymore, I mainly use them as entertainment hubs, but when I do get games, I buy them on XBox because I like the controller better.

squints

Quote from: S.R. on July 21, 2011, 05:42:14 PM

PSN and the only thing PSN has is Netflix, but it's so clunky and difficult to navigate, it's not even worth it. I use Netflix, Hulu + and ESPN on XBox LIVE.

PSN has Hulu+, i've been using it more than netflix lately.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Quote from: squints on July 21, 2011, 09:37:24 PM

PSN and the only thing PSN has is Netflix, but it's so clunky and difficult to navigate, it's not even worth it. I use Netflix, Hulu + and ESPN on XBox LIVE.

Then why aren't you watching The Challenge and talking about it with GT and I in the MTV thread over in The Small Screen?

squints

Quote from: S.R. on July 21, 2011, 09:58:03 PM
Quote from: squints on July 21, 2011, 09:37:24 PM

Then why aren't you watching The Challenge and talking about it with GT and I in the MTV thread over in The Small Screen?

I'm lying, i have been watching netflix mostly. Too busy catching up on x-men the animated series and pawn stars....(and a little bit of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom).....yeah...
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

From a gamer's perspective, PS3 is better, better original games.  I'm not going to list them, it's a fact.  Maybe the 360 has a better community, I wouldn't know, PSN sure has no lack of partners in virtually any of its games at any given time, so I guess that's a moot point.

But then again, I bet that wide variety of HD DVD's that the Xbox plays look real nice when it's not crumbling apart with its various rings of death situations.

Also, Xbox controllers are clunky pieces of shit that became more and more lean over time, evolving to what is essentially a ripoff of the Playstation classic controller, except it's still chubby and works best in the hands of people who prefer INFERIOR CONSOLES.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

haha, you are a giant nerd who takes these things way too seriously. And you don't even have both consoles, yet you bust out the "from a gamer's perspective" crap? Come on, dawg.

I have both, and me personally, as in myself. I prefer the 360 controller and internet experience. Also like not getting hacked and my credit card stolen. I like the blu-ray on PS3 tho and I like Uncharted and The Last Guardian if it ever comes out.

Pubrick

I got it cos it was cheap and I like some of the xbla titles like btaid.

You guys have undermined my confidence in the purchase so now i'm thinking maybe I'll give it back.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick on July 22, 2011, 05:07:55 AM
I got it cos it was cheap and I like some of the xbla titles like btaid.

You guys have undermined my confidence in the purchase so now i'm thinking maybe I'll give it back.

don't. 360 is a fantastic console with a legion of great titles. every few months gears becomes my crack for a bit.

gta iv, fallout 3, red dead, portal, rock band, dead space, left 4 dead, dead rising.. i know i'm forgetting things cause there's just too many. not to mention xbla. geometry wars is worth many hours. even pac man championship edition is fantastic. something excellent comes out every couple of months on average. connect 360 will change your life if you haven't already begun streaming things.

...i've wasted my life