Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest Rockwellmaybe Iron Giant
there is no maybe about it!
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Hell right, there isn't!!!!

I'm gonna have to wear my shopliftin' pants come September 7th.

mogwai

"Here's some good news and bad news all at once. Sources are telling us that Warner is FINALLY at work once again on a Blade Runner: Special Edition. That's the good news. The bad news is that instead of the 3 or 4-disc ultimate edition we all hoped for (featuring all the different versions of the film), the title is now likely to be one of the studio's 2-disc editions, featuring only the recent "director's cut" version of the film (remastered from a new HD transfer), the Channel 4 On the Edge of Blade Runner documentary and perhaps a few other odds and ends. Look for it sometime in the first half of 2005."

thedigitalbits.com

Just Withnail

I can't imagine anyone caring about that  :roll:

...but, yeah, I'm kinda trembling with exitement  :-D

mogwai

Quote from: RegularKarateHell right, there isn't!!!!

I'm gonna have to wear my shopliftin' pants come September 7th.
according to warner bros the dvd has been postponed to november 16th.

I'm afraid it's delayed till November. The good news though is they've changed it to an amaray case

Tom Woodward
DVDAnswers.com

Just Withnail

It seems the Iron Giant SE is suffering from the Duel-syndrome.

Derek

Has anyone seen the new Ali director's cut? How does it compare to the original? I can't seem to find any reviews on it.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

cine

Quote from: DerekHas anyone seen the new Ali director's cut? How does it compare to the original? I can't seem to find any reviews on it.
You can't find any reviews on it? I went to Google, searched "ali director's cut review" and the first 3 links were 3 different review sites... Maybe do that next time?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11213

modage

sorry, RK...

Warner has finally announced The Iron Giant: Special Edition which features the voice of Vin Diesel. This classic piece of animation will be available to own from the 16th November this year, and should retail at around $19.97. As well as a newly remastered 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen presentation and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include an audio commentary with director Brad Bird, the head of the story department Jeffrey Lynch, Steve Markowski, the supervising animator for the Giant and finally head of animation Tony Fucile. Also included on the disc will be a selection of eight deleted scenes (mostly in storyboard form only), a total of twelve branching mini-documentaries, a Voice of the Giant featurette hosted by Vin Diesel, a motion gallery containing concept designs and storyboards etc, trailers and DVD-ROM features that have yet to be confirmed.

although it was pushed back 2 months it now has a keepcase and not a snapper.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

if this has already been posted, sorry.
i read in the Dallas Morning News that Jason Alexander said that there would be a Seinfeld DVD release this fall, followed by another in 6-9 months and so on.......he spoke about the cast coming in at different times to record commentaries
that is all.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

classical gas

the hell are you talking about?

modage

Quote from: ®edlumHere's a better shot of the Easy Rider set.

sorry fellow region 1ers, but our Easy Rider: SE wont be nearly as cool as this one.  details here...

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4490&n=1&burl=
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/daily_news.html

Warner Home Video will release a brand-new special edition of the MGM classic Gone With the Wind on November 9th. The four-disc set will feature over five hours of old and new documentaries, interviews and other bonus features. Digitally restored with Warner's "Ultra-Resolution" hi-def technology, the film's original three-strip Technicolor negatives were digitally separated, aligned frame-by-frame in a computer and scanned at high-resolution. And according to the studio, the results are nothing short of miraculous.

The four hour film will be presented across two dual-layer discs in fullscreen and with Dolby Digital 5.1 and original mono audio tracks. A plethora of bonus materials include a new full-length audio commentary with film historian Rudy Behlmer, hour-long documentaries on actors Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, "Melanie Remembers: Olivia de Havilland Recalls Gone With the Wind" 45min featurette (with a recent interview with 88-year-old star), the 1989 documentary "The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind," behind-the-scenes footage, advertising materials and more. Incidentally, actor Christopher Plummer will narrate and introduce many of the bonus features. Also included with the set is a full-color reproduction of the original 22-page souvenir booklet that was sold during premiere road-show engagements from 1939 through 1941. Retail for the four-disc set is $39.92.

Henry Hill

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: ®edlumHere's a better shot of the Easy Rider set.

sorry fellow region 1ers, but our Easy Rider: SE wont be nearly as cool as this one.  details here...

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4490&n=1&burl=

So who gets that Easy Rider set?  Thats one the best packages I have seen.