About to Auction Roles in Feature on Ebay

Started by ReelHotGames, November 10, 2004, 01:48:19 PM

ReelHotGames

It's been a while since I popped on the boards, been crazy busy getting everything set for a film that was suppossed to role 2 suymmers ago, but we're on the way now.

The film is a horror-thriller that is going to be entirely shot on Alcatraz Island, that's right - the former prison.

The story is thus: The island has been opened privately as an insitute for the criminally insane, and one night the inmates take over the asylum - unfortunately for them, the former inmates want it back.

It's ghosts, horrors and psychos - oh my!

Anyway, I am at the point where I may be auctioning roles off on ebay for some parts and I wanted feedback.

We have cast some of the lead roles (with, yes, real "hollywood" actors - poeple you may have seen on TV and features) and to help finish up and fatten the slim bnudget we are thinking of auctioning some of the psycho roles, guards, and ghosts off.

Any ideas or comments on how I should handle it? I have seen the holdenautomotive.com stuff, so I know all that info.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Pedro

dear god, how did you get permission to shoot on alcatraz?

picolas

Ghostboy

I'd say you'd need to let people know who the name actors are...that would help convince people to put up the green.

Welcome back, by the way...

metroshane

We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

ReelHotGames

I got permission to shoot on Alcatraz by selling my soul. (Actually, my day job is on the island - so I had the major "in".)

I will hopefully be able to announce the "name" actors in the auction, there are some wranglings with agents over this fact. But we're working it out. Thanks for the idea, it is a good one.

The only stipulation is California Labor Laws don't allow people to pay for a job, so we have a work around we'll be doing on the auction so that the role is the bonus and you'd be bidding on things like shares in the film, spending the night on "the rock" etc...

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Any other suggestions are very welcome.

Also - what if I did the same with some crew positions? Think anyone would bite to be a PA or such nonsense?

Oh - Post Script - picolas - I am not giving out the script quite yet, but would be happy to lay out some info, also will have some script pages and such up on my website shortly. (We're still under construction for some of the new features)

ReelHotGames

Okay, here we go...

I would like to compile a list of places, net, print etc... that I should send press releases for the impending auction of roles etc...

Release the hounds! Let me know web sites, magazines, radio and tv shows that I should send releases to...

BUT --- don't just say "variety", I need addresses or phone #'s or web addresses, cool?

Anyone that gives me a lead that pans out and actually prints/discusses/or someway leads to publicity for the auctions will get a "special thanks" for the film...

Thanks for your help, this board is a savior.