Has Pulp Fiction dated?

Started by budgie, January 20, 2003, 09:21:02 AM

dufresne

the movie is not dated.  people trying to bite off its style of dialogue is though.
There are shadows in life, baby.

finlayr

Filmmaker

tpfkabi

i just saw it for the first time. its very fresh to me. i've never seen anything quite like it.
mention some films that are rip-offs.
i can't think of anything that compares right now.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

mr_boz

budgie - i hear you.

i actually can't watch it any more - i loved it to pieces when it first came out, but i totally agree that it just doesn't seem like a timeless film.  it is a *great* film, but i just don't think i could sit through it again.  it seems old and tired now.

certain scenes are worth repeated viewings (keitel, par example) though.

on the other hand - jackie brown and res. dogs hold up nicely, and i find that jackie gets better with multiple viewings.

-ccb

socketlevel

dated, no.  but i do see how it seems less professional then i remember.  the acting lacks at points and so on.  It's still on my top ten of all time but it seems different.  if he made it now it would be tighter but that's what you get for like 8 million bucks.  i could only dream of doing that well.
the one last hit that spent you...

Kal

Just saw it again last night... its great when you turn on the TV and Pulp Fiction is on... you cant turn it off... its like when they're showing Rocky

anyways... I still love it... and maybe the problem that gives us that impression is because back then this was something really original and unique and everyone has done similar things since... and now movies are even much more violent or crazy...

It will happen in a few years (its actually happening already) when you see The Matrix and some effects are like the original Superman flying...

billybrown

Not at all.

Not even an inch.

Not even a smidgen.

Not even a whisker.

Not even a pubic hair.

Pulp Fiction is easily one of the best, if not influential film's of the 90's.

MacGuffin

Cobain Turned Down 'Pulp Fiction' Role
By WENN

Kurt Cobain turned down a small part in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, according to the late rocker's wife Courtney Love.

The Nirvana frontman was lined up to appear alongside Love in the 1994 movie.

Cobain would have starred as a drug dealer, while Love would have played his heavily pierced girlfriend. The roles were eventually taken by Eric Stoltz and Rosanna Arquette.

Love says, "If Kurt had survived we'd be taking private jets by now. He'd have loved that."

Cobain committed suicide in April 1994.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

well that explains lance's look & wardrobe and jody period.

SiliasRuby

One of my all time favorites, it would have been interesting to see Kurt and Courtney in those roles.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

grand theft sparrow

Alexandro

rewatched Pulp two nights ago.

Complete masterpiece. Is not dated, it's just that now, with all the shiny look in new films, an 8 million indie film looks pretty cheap. I mean the film shows it's indieness despite the huge cast. the acting is solid all the way through.

Reel

Pulp Fiction will never date. It's influences are all too varied for it to be even placed anywhere in time.

socketlevel

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 20, 2006, 02:01:11 PM
Cobain Turned Down 'Pulp Fiction' Role
By WENN

Kurt Cobain turned down a small part in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, according to the late rocker's wife Courtney Love.

The Nirvana frontman was lined up to appear alongside Love in the 1994 movie.

Cobain would have starred as a drug dealer, while Love would have played his heavily pierced girlfriend. The roles were eventually taken by Eric Stoltz and Rosanna Arquette.

Love says, "If Kurt had survived we'd be taking private jets by now. He'd have loved that."

Cobain committed suicide in April 1994.

QT was thanked in Nevermind's liner notes.
the one last hit that spent you...