Started by ShanghaiOrange, March 28, 2003, 04:21:34 PM

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: budgieI guess other things are covering the ground, though - Minority Report, and that thing with... um, can't remember... about emotions being banned.

Are you thinking about "Equilibrium" with Christian Bale?

Yes, that's the one. I keep seeing the trailer and it makes me think people don't know what to do with Christian Bale. But then I don't think I'd know what to do with him either.

Pedro

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: tremoloslothI would trade A Clockwork Orange for 1984

thats because youre crazy

"That is because you crazy.  It has no feelings.  And the new one is much better."

I would trade it for Clockwork Orange too I think.

USTopGun47

I don't know if I could make the trade - 1984 is much stronger as a literary work than Clockwork Orange.  Clockwork Orange I think gave Kubrick a lot more to work with that suited his artsy side better.  Though I would die to see a Kubrick 1984.  I did like the English film adaptation, I thought it captured the book's essence a lot.  Surprisingly good.
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Duck Sauce

1984 was too dull and lacked character development to me.

Fernando

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

"That is because you crazy.  It has no feelings.  And the new one is much better."

IMO, ACO is an untouchable masterpiece, not only I wouldn't trade it for anything, I hope nobody makes the ridiculous attempt of doing a remake, we have Lolita to prove that.

In the words of David Lynch: (Regarding the remake of Lolita) Why ruining a perfect film?

ShanghaiOrange

They should remake A Clockwork Orange with Jim Carrey as Alex  :roll: Also, it would be a musical.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

ShanghaiOrange

This was, like, my first thread ever on Xixax. :(
I writing a paper on A Clockwork Orange. :(

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

What's that quote from?
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

NEON MERCURY

i don't know about the quote  but

1984 .is a kick ass bowie song from diamond dogs.....

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeThey should remake A Clockwork Orange with Jim Carrey as Alex  :roll: Also, it would be a musical.

Mmm...Jim Carrey in a musical....

indiana

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeThey should remake A Clockwork Orange with Jim Carrey as Alex  :roll: Also, it would be a musical.

Mmm...Jim Carrey in a musical....
it would be funny if Jim Carrey was alex, but i think he would ruin the whole movie by turning it into a scary harcore movie into some kind of funny movie
peace
SONIC BOOM!