What did you see this weekend?

Started by Teen Wolf, September 29, 2003, 12:02:24 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeamanwith this and "Once Upon a Time in the West", I am officially a Bertolucci fan.

"Once Upon A Time..." is Leone. Unless you mean story credit wise.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Quote from: themodernage02argh, torn emotions.  keep going back and forth between being interested or not in seeing The Dreamers.  its only playing 10 block away, but i've yet to go to the theatres in 2004.  should this be first?

Of course I'm going to recommend that it should cause I liked it but even disregarding my opinion I still would suggest you see it just for the film clips and references alone which should at least be fun to see even if the story itself doesn't interest you too much. I won't spoil any of the them for you but I think you'll really get a kick out of at least a few of them, the way they are interweaved with the movie. It's done really well, it doesn't feel like the story is stopping, the references don't feel forced. It can really remind you why you love cinema, it's certainly one of those movies that reminded me. I think that makes it a great first film of the year to see in theatres but don't listen to me, what do I know.

I think that actor is great, Michael Pitt I think his name is. I hope to see him in some more stuff. I'm going to see "Wonderland" just cause he's in it. A lot of critics thought him to be dull but I think he's really really arresting. He reminds me of Dirk or Johnny Doe in a weird way. I could totally see him turning up in "Boogie Nights" as an extra or something. Anyway, he's really cool. He's going to be in a movie with Gummo's Jacob Reynolds that I can't wait to see for those that care.....it's called "West Memphis Three" I think.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ebeamanwith this and "Once Upon a Time in the West", I am officially a Bertolucci fan.

"Once Upon A Time..." is Leone. Unless you mean story credit wise.

Yea yea, that's exactly what I meant, probably should have specified, I know it's Leone....love him too.

SmellyBoobFungus

just watched Leon (the professional) for the first time, and now rewatched autofocus.

the professional - i loved it, but seemed very plot oriented in order to push a theme. i guess, i just wanted to see more character stuff. for instance, i liked the milk thing, and the reason he always did sit-ups.  

autofocus - such a brilliant film the 2nd time around. the film has a lot of rich substance and provides an interesting look at television.  the colors and style are just right.
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

ono

Quote from: ebeamanI think that actor is great, Michael Pitt I think his name is. I hope to see him in some more stuff. I'm going to see "Wonderland" just cause he's in it.
You should totally watch Dawson's Creek season three ... you know, just because he was in it.  And Murder by Numbers with Sandra Bullock ... you know, just because he was in it.