Chappelle Show official thread

Started by prophet, February 20, 2004, 03:34:57 PM

pete

yeah didn't he say something about that on oprah?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: pete on July 18, 2006, 02:43:25 AM
yeah didn't he say something about that on oprah?

Yep, that's the one.  Hence the Q&A on the skit afterwards.  I didn't think this week was so bad either, barring the Gary Coleman ski.  The only thing I don't like is the constant subtle jabbing at Chappelle.  Like the Q&A.  They obviously put that in just so they can run the skit (which Chappelle said he didn't want any of it shown if Comedy Central expects him to come back) and still try to court Chappelle by saying "Hey, Dave!  We had this open forum because we wanted you to see firsthand what people think of the sketch.  See, it's not as bad as you think."  But all I could think of watching that was Chappelle sitting at home saying, "Fuck these mutherfuckers."

pete

holy crap just caught it on youtube.  the forum afterwards was obnoxious.  they were saying all the corny things that Dave strayed away from in the first place.  I hate how everyone in the world is so savvy with the idea of a "stereotype" now.  the forum reminded me of the writers meeting scene in Bamboozled.  everyone had an idea, but nobody had a clue.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: pete on July 18, 2006, 10:52:56 AM
the forum reminded me of the writers meeting scene in Bamboozled.  everyone had an idea, but nobody had a clue.

I thought of that too.  It was half-assed to begin with and most of them were just saying things that they think make them sound smart. 

Quote from: pete on July 18, 2006, 10:52:56 AM
I hate how everyone in the world is so savvy with the idea of a "stereotype" now.

Blame Paul Haggis.

Fernando

Lottery

The new specials were fantastic.

He's obviously older, more refined and a bit more subdued but there are so many great stories and deliveries. Can't wait for the next one.