The Martians love Kuato...

Started by SoNowThen, June 03, 2003, 02:13:02 PM

SoNowThen

...supposedly they think he's fucking George Washington. But maybe could some of them think of him more as a puny Che Guevera?

So this is the Kuato appreciation thread. Express your love for the little man who may or may not be related to Chucky...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

...He sure could use some appreciation!

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

I once attended a Kuato party. The system: Everyone stuff yourself so fucking full of booze and chips and other assorted junk as you watch the film that by the time Kuato performs his abdominal emergence, you all have a personal Kuato feeling in your gut.

The junk food went down a whole lot better than the movie, though.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

SoNowThen

Kuato says "...open your miiiiiiind... find the reactor..."

That sounds like the coolest party ever.

bonanzataz

this is the most random thread.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: bonanzatazthis is the most random thread.

but very funny!

SoNowThen

Who do you think would win in a debate:

Kuato or those South Park aliens from Marklar where everything is Marklar?

I think the Marklarians might trap him in their circular logic...

Pedro

I'm in the dark here...what the hell is this?

godardian

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI'm in the dark here...what the hell is this?

It's a little creature that pops out of someone's stomach in Total Recall.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pozer

Quaaaaaaid. Quaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

Pas

Quote from: Sigur Rós

...He sure could use some appreciation!

I'm in love

SoNowThen

Kuato suggests everybody Get Your Ass To Mars

Ravi

Quote from: godardian
The junk food went down a whole lot better than the movie, though.

No!  Total Recall is Total Awesomeness.

NEON MERCURY

are  The Great Kuato and that sassy alien in Alien the only two  things that come out of a stomach in a film  ......?