Fargo (TV series)

Started by Punch, March 19, 2014, 03:11:44 PM

spoilers
----
-

one of my favorite episodes. it was beautiful.
malvo still doing the long cons was fantastic, even better when we see how quickly he will snap and change everything.
lester hitting him over the head far too weakly was hilarious "shit, lester...what the.."

the garden of eden line was definitely indicative of malvos origin. how many of you guys think that the sioux falls story is eventually going to be revealed as the work of malvo a long time ago?

there is no way that lester can get out of this. another dead wife right when the investigation starts back up. this is the end.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Mel on June 11, 2014, 06:00:32 AMYet another weak episode . . . not much tension either, beside coffee shop scene.

I don't have words to express how wrong you are. So so wrong.

SPOILERS

Malvo is one of the greatest characters I've seen, and Martin Freeman continues to amaze me (words I thought I'd never speak). The dentist story was an absolute delight.

Everything with Lester and his wife was so rich, and developed her character so effortlessly, that I did not see where things were obviously going. (Her story about being a maid was the tipoff. Sudden character-building story from past = imminent death.) Then, of course, I loved Lester's big character-defining moment. It reminded me of Walt sending the neighbor lady into his house, except it easily topped that. Marvelous episode.

spoilers duh
-
i always like hearing what you have to say, jeremy.
i agree with you on walt sending his neighbor in the house, that's exactly what i was thinking.
upon rewatch, he prints out a ticket for only one passenger, which if i would have noticed that before, i wouldn't have enjoyed the moment as much.

i have a theory about malvo with molly lou and gus. gus sees the red car and makes the connection, lou sees the red car and talks to malvo (almost like he knows who he is, rather who he used to be, back in sioux falls), and malvo sees both gus and molly in connection to lou. i dont know what all those ingredients are going to mean in the end, but i hope it will be utter chaos.

Jeremy Blackman

SPOILERS

Quote from: 03 on June 12, 2014, 02:18:20 PMi have a theory about malvo with molly lou and gus. gus sees the red car and makes the connection, lou sees the red car and talks to malvo (almost like he knows who he is, rather who he used to be, back in sioux falls), and malvo sees both gus and molly in connection to lou. i dont know what all those ingredients are going to mean in the end, but i hope it will be utter chaos.

Nice... like the fox, the rabbit, and the cabbage. That riddle is only solved when you get all three to the other side, i.e. put all the pieces together.

Maybe Lou overhears Gus talking about the red car. Although that's kind of boring. Whatever happens, I hope to be surprised.

diggler

It was an interesting moment when Lester's wife covered for him, she wasn't that dumb after all. It was a little strange that she didn't inquire afterwards, but I liked that moment. It made it sting more when Lester sold her out.

Key and Peele rising up slowly behind the desk got a big laugh from me.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 12, 2014, 05:53:57 PM
SPOILERS

Quote from: 03 on June 12, 2014, 02:18:20 PMi have a theory about malvo with molly lou and gus. gus sees the red car and makes the connection, lou sees the red car and talks to malvo (almost like he knows who he is, rather who he used to be, back in sioux falls), and malvo sees both gus and molly in connection to lou. i dont know what all those ingredients are going to mean in the end, but i hope it will be utter chaos.

Nice... like the fox, the rabbit, and the cabbage. That riddle is only solved when you get all three to the other side, i.e. put all the pieces together.

i was thinking about it and i think its more like this:
malvo
lester
molly

molly wants malvo and lester
lester wants malvo and molly
malvo wants lester (already spared molly)

two or three cannot be in the same place. just like the fox rabbit and cabbage.

Jeremy Blackman

Ohh... that's good, but doesn't work perfectly.

Alright, I think I've got it...

The fox wants the rabbit (but can be with the cabbage peacefully)
The rabbit wants the cabbage (and is evading the fox)
The cabbage wants nothing (except to escape unharmed)

So...

Molly wants Malvo (but can be with Lester peacefully)
Malvo wants Lester (and is evading Molly)
Lester wants nothing (except to escape unharmed)

Molly = fox
Malvo = rabbit
Lester = cabbage

dude i set em up and you knocked em down. BINGO. perfect. i love you jeremy.

Korova

So, I binge-watched all episodes today. Am in love with this series!
Spoilers
I just wanted to add a little other detail to the Linda thing. He told her at home, that she didn't need her coat, so he was setting it all up already before they were going to the insurance company. Also about the tension: I expected Mr. Malvo to pop up in almost every scene of the episode. The feeling of dread was almost palpable in many scenes, they're really doing a great job. Can't wait for the last episode!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Korova on June 14, 2014, 07:59:30 PMHe told her at home, that she didn't need her coat, so he was setting it all up already before they were going to the insurance company.

Yeah, I didn't notice that but read about it afterwards. Also apparently Lester wears his jacket in front of the window, ostensibly so Malvo sees him in it.

Here let me grab the screenshot...

and he creates this idea when he grabs it in the basement, after he loads his gun.

Jeremy Blackman

Oh okay. I remember that now. It's funny, that's such a weird plan, it would only make sense to me via rewatch or discussion.

I was also wondering if he has a good life insurance policy on his wife...

Fernando

great job guys, JB nailed it I think. Lester is more Malvo than he even knows, a cold SOB.

im late to the party but this show is amazing.

its kind of sad that there's only one episode left, I only expect that happenstance will bring mayhem and chaos.

Alexandro

this last episode had a twin peaks / the shining vibe to it. the first 10 minutes were AWESOME in a "what the fuck's going on now?" sense.

Jeremy Blackman

SPOILERS

Great finale. Would have liked to see the rabbi and some more supernatural elements return (maybe), otherwise I pretty much loved it.

I can see it being a disappointing finale for people who had certain expectations, like a Molly/Malvo faceoff, but I actually vastly prefer the Gus/Malvo faceoff. I thought Gus was so dumb for going into that cabin, and clearly my assumptions about him meant nothing. It was absolutely perfect for Malvo to be hobbled by Lester, who he underestimated, and then ended by Gus, who he vastly underestimated. His own arrogance was his downfall. Look at the shame in his face before Gus fills him with bullets. It was the most comprehensively humiliating defeat for him.

Malvo also underestimated Molly, to the point of ignoring her existence, and of course she made everything possible. I certainly didn't need her to pull the trigger.

If anyone is unhappy with the finale, I'd like to hear why, because I do have some more thoughts about it.