Has anyone here ever met.....

Started by EL__SCORCHO, April 05, 2003, 09:23:32 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinx"all my friends are famous people"
- steven soderbergh

:yabbse-sad:

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiIngmar Bergman is one of his homies.

Yeah, I think Bergman is secretly in love with Soderbergh. Or it's the other way around. They should hook up  :-D

KingBlackDeath

speaking of snobs. The people I hate more than almost any other are the ones who if they are asked "What kind of movies do you like?" they answer: "Foreign Films" Really? Why don't you go to hell. People who give that answer just want to sound sophisticated and different. And hey, 13 of my 100 favorite films are foreign, but I don't like them so I can show off.
Maybe I'm no better, when people ask me what movies I like I say, "I don't know. I don't like to classify things. I like it when they don't try too hard."
This argument might be stupid, but it just make me cringe when people say that.
But I agree, FUCK stupid people who make it impossible for me to see the movies I want because they're not playing in a 50 mile radius!
Do you see what happens...when king black death breathes on you with his breath?

The Silver Bullet

I love Magnolia and Boogie Nights, and own a copy of each of them, but I have still always felt that there is a snobbish sort of obsession with their maker around these boards, as though anyone who may happen to think that Magnolia was pretentious are automatically moronic. Which really isn't very fair.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

i havn't been alive as long as sum other ppl here, but if there's one thing i've learned about human interaction it's that too many ppl like R&B, and there's nothing i can do about it.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pi havn't been alive as long as sum other ppl here, but if there's one thing i've learned about human interaction it's that too many ppl like R&B, and there's nothing i can do about it.

Haha... seriously tho

polkablues

When I was going to school, there was a girl who lived a couple doors down from me in the dorms.  She was a future film major, and claimed to have a vast knowledge of film; I was practically in love.  One day I was talking to her, and somehow or another I happened to mention the movie "Mad Max".  She had never heard of it.  I described it... "Mel Gibson... Australian... post-apocalyptic motorcycle gangs... guy who directed the 'Babe' movies?"  She had never heard of it or the sequels.  My heart was crushed.  Fearfully, I asked the big question, "Have you seen 'Magnolia'?"  Her response: "Yeah, I thought it was kind of boring."  The honeymoon was over.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleuth

Quote from: polkabluesWhen I was going to school, there was a girl who lived a couple doors down from me in the dorms.  She was a future film major, and claimed to have a vast knowledge of film; I was practically in love.  One day I was talking to her, and somehow or another I happened to mention the movie "Mad Max".  She had never heard of it.  I described it... "Mel Gibson... Australian... post-apocalyptic motorcycle gangs... guy who directed the 'Babe' movies?"  She had never heard of it or the sequels.  My heart was crushed.  Fearfully, I asked the big question, "Have you seen 'Magnolia'?"  Her response: "Yeah, I thought it was kind of boring."  The honeymoon was over.

I share a similar story, very sad
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

there are plenty of magnolia converts out there. myself included. even kevin smith says he's warming up to it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls