Has anyone here ever met.....

Started by EL__SCORCHO, April 05, 2003, 09:23:32 PM

EL__SCORCHO

a person who claim to be big film buffs but they only seem to know who either, Speilberg, Scorsese, Kubrick or Taratino is, and no one else?

I just met five people like that tonight. It was pretty sad.

Gold Trumpet

I get those, with the exception they are very keen on obscure movies only from now. They have an ear for the movies now, but nothing really pre dating 1995. That is mainly the description of the crowd I know who are even into movies. My being into old movies and world cinema more seems like a variation of what is important, and that to is watch all the movies the mainstream public knows, including the indies of today.

~rougerum

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOa person who claim to be big film buffs but they only seem to know who either, Speilberg, Scorsese, Kubrick or Taratino is, and no one else?

if they were so SAD, then why are you wasting your time talking about them?
...your excuses are your own...

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: EL__SCORCHOa person who claim to be big film buffs but they only seem to know who either, Speilberg, Scorsese, Kubrick or Taratino is, and no one else?

it's like when you go to a third world country and see all the poverty and misery. When you get back thats what you tell people about.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO

it's like when you go to a third world country and see all the poverty and misery. When you get back thats what you tell people about.

have you ever been to a 3rd world country?
...your excuses are your own...

RegularKarate

This is sad... this whole board is turning into a den of snobbery.

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarateThis is sad... this whole board is turning into a den of snobbery.

"We want you to bring us...a SNOBBERY!"

cine

Well anyway, yeah I've met those types of people.. but what about the ones that claim to be big film buffs and then they only watch the cult films? It's like watching one genre and that's it. Ah well..

fulty

Quote from: Ravi"We want you to bring us...a SNOBBERY!"
:-D
Or we shall say "Nei" to you again
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: RegularKarateThis is sad... this whole board is turning into a den of snobbery.

"We want you to bring us...a SNOBBERY!"

Ravi, you fucking rock. You are the MAN! Your price is rising in the stock exchange of my head.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO

have you ever been to a 3rd world country?

I am from a third world country.

EL__SCORCHO

I'm no snob, but you should have seen these people go on and on arguing with each other. They were talking like they were the ultimate authority on movies. One guy actually said that people who argue with him are ridiculous because they don't know more about movies than him. That's why I said it was sad.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI'm no snob, but you should have seen these people go on and on arguing with each other. They were talking like they were the ultimate authority on movies. One guy actually said that people who argue with him are ridiculous because they don't know more about movies than him. That's why I said it was sad.

Than you are no different than that guy.....You are saying that you know more about film than those guys.....isn't that the same?.......I dont know.... :?

Gold Trumpet

I am a snob about movies! At least I will admit it and smile about it. Doesn't mean any class of movies is away from my appreciation if done well. Die Hard rules!

~rougerum

sphinx

"all my friends are famous people"
- steven soderbergh