Nic Cage - NEVER afraid to go over the edge

Started by modage, June 06, 2003, 03:28:53 PM

Jensen Briggs

I read the book.

This movie better have me shitting down my pant leg the way the book did.  I recommend the read.
fat people use more soap

cine

Was that big chunk of space for suspense? Bored? What drove you to do that, friend..

.. anyway, Matchstick Men should be good.. I'm looking forward to it.

rustinglass

It's not my kind of film but he was pretty funny in moon struck
"He mademe look the other way and I lost my hand, He'll make you look the other way and you'll lose your whole head." somthin like that
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ernie

-Peggy Sue Got Married
-Raising Arizona
-Valley Girl
-Wild at Heart

Those are his best movies and they're enough for me to call him a fave of mine. His role in Adaptation is the only one that can stand repeat viewings.

©brad

Quote from: CinephileWas that big chunk of space for suspense? Bored? What drove you to do that, friend..

i too would like an explanation for that unnecessarily large gap of space.

Find Your Magali

I'm cool with the gap. Not too stressed by it at all.

Just hangin'

Pubrick

random gaps are funny once., even if unintentional.

one more time and it'll be stupit.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman-Peggy Sue Got Married
-Raising Arizona
-Valley Girl
-Wild at Heart

Those are his best movies...

You forgot "Moonstruck".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

::gathering courage::.."i liked him in 8mm..also"...its' not that bad of a film..
his performance was fine for that filmmm

Cecil

Quote from: GhostboyDid anyone see Sonny?

i just saw it. loved it. what did you think?

Ghostboy

I actually haven't seen it. I don't think it even opened outside of its limited run in NY/LA last year. The trailer was good, though.

MacGuffin

Nicolas Cage Set for Boxing Coach Biopic
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Nicolas Cage is set to go behind bars as a boxing coach in a fact-based feature being developed by his production company.

The story revolves around Louisiana native Billy "The Kid" Roth, a former champion fighter who has volunteered for more than 44 years in Louisiana prisons, serving as a surrogate father to hundreds of inmates whom he taught to box.

His life has already been depicted in the documentary project called The Dance -- The Billy Roth Story, whose producers will partner with Cage's Saturn Film on the feature.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

What about the rumours that he would play Pete Townshend in a Keith Moon biopic? I swear I read about this before.
Si

MacGuffin

Nicholas Cage in Niccol's Lords of War
Source: Production Weekly

Nicholas Cage is being lined up to star in international thriller, Lords of War. Filming is expected to start early next year in South Africa.

Dodging bullets and betrayal, a willy arms dealer (Cage) schemes his way to the top of his profession only to face an enemy he never expected: his conscience. But it's not easy to leave behind a life of girls, guns and glamour, when no-one wants you to stop, not even your enemies.

Andrew Niccol (S1m0ne, Gattaca) will direct.

Skeleton FilmWorks