Respect

Started by MacGuffin, October 25, 2003, 01:33:49 AM

MacGuffin

Something has been bothering me lately and I have to address it, especially with such an offensive thread posted yesterday called "SEX".

There has been so much vulgar objectivity of women being posted on our boards. And I would like to quell it. I feel our female members deserve better and must command our respect. I've noticed that they seem to be not participating in our topics of discussions as of late, and how could anyone blame them? It seems 'Idle Chatter' (if not spilling over to other forums) is turning into 'Men's Locker Room Talk'. Our female members are so intelligent. They should not be subjected to discussions about 'boobies', 'bitches' and 'what classical song have you fucked to'. We're better than that, and I know it. Even the avatars are now bordering on nudity. I'm not saying I'm above you guys (I'm even guilty), and I would be asking too much to end it all together (because boys will be boys), and some of you may be joking, but I just feel we should think about how a certain comment or statement might sit wrong with others. I love and have so much respect for each and every one of our female members. I want to read more of their thoughts about films (isn't that why were all here in the first place?). I'm just afraid if this continues, we will lose such amazing female personalities and not gain any more than we already have.

I offer this thread up to our female members to speak their minds if they feel inclined to do so. I believe that the overwhelming ratio of men to women plays into our ladies not wanting to speak up. I would like to make this topic a place when you ladies can express yourselves if you would like to. I'll personally see to it that it remains a safe zone. Because xixax.com should be a place where the ladies can come to and not have to worry about such offensiveness. In fact, I would like to express a heartfelt apology to any one of you ladies if I have ever said something that has rubbed you the wrong way. I thank you ladies for being here, and hope a better envionment for you can be had.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

1. I absolutely second everything Mac said.

2. I'm going to commit to watching what I write even moreso now, because I'm not completely innocent, either. It's too easy to stray into an easy joke or throwaway line sometimes, and we have show some extra discipline.

3. I respect Mac greatly for starting this thread and saying what had to be said, when he knew it would leave him open for potential heckling and such.

So, to paraphrase a great TV show, "Let's be careful out there, folks."

aclockworkjj

I will be the first to admit...I am an offender....realize...I agree...and I am not the dirtbag as I have portrayed myself to be in a certain thread....I did there out of humor, boredness, and only to get a laugh...I hope I didn't offend too many...

But Mac is right...there is nothing more beautiful than a girl with a mind...I believe we have sum here, I will do my part to cease the "dirtbag" talk...as I want them all to feel welcome....if I offended any, PM me I think I can change yer mind...

ps. Mac...good deal, it needed to be said.

Weak2ndAct

Mac, you're just saying that to get in good favor with the ladies :wink:

Kal

Ghostboy

I don't want to sound like a hyprocrite, since I've often praised Banky for his avatars, but I support this motion all the way. And of course, in case it isn't implied, let's make sure we respect everyone on the site, not just the ladies.

Jesus, I sound like a junior high teacher or something. But you get the point.

kotte

Quote from: Find Your Magali1. I absolutely second everything Mac said.

Me too...

We'll have to watch our language from know on.  :)

Lucinda Bryte

It doesn't really bother me that much. I don't feel that guys should be different around people just cause there are females here.

I'm just as vulgar. ;)

But the only thing that bothers me is referring to women as 'bitches'. I haven't seen it here yet, and if I did I'd go off on whoever said it.

Gold Trumpet

I bet if the topic of what classicalsong you fucked to was changed to "best song you made love to", complaining about the thread would be nonexistent. It really isn't a gender bias thread at all. The only bad thing I saw about it was the title, "SEX" and the language used in which to ask the question. My stance, on just this one thing, is that.

I'm not disagreeing at all with other things. I've seen some bad stuff. Nothing totally outrageous. What really annoys me here are all the animated avatars. They screw my computer up! My computer has beeen freezing lately because of them. And yes, I do own old an old and prolly out of date computer compared to most others, but fuck, what's the big deal in having an animated avatar? There have been a minority here, as with girls, complaining about these avatars. Its easier for you guys to change your avatars then for us to just go out and buy new computers. And if you have a strong love for your animated avatar and are still like "no way, no how, will I change my avatar", then sorry, but I think you are a dork.

~rougerum

Lucinda Bryte

QuoteWhat really annoys me here are all the animated avatars. They screw my computer up! My computer has beeen freezing lately because of them.

I second that. I tried to stay away from the forum for awhile but it ended up not working.

Gamblour.

I can take the blame for talk of "boobies" (I believe I posted something about them twice, but in my defense, when I offered a link to a certain boobies site, I offered the polar alternative  (and I do mean pole) :wink: ). As with anything, I think it's good foresight to stop something before it starts (or gets worse). Yeah, I think some of us guys might got a little nervous if the chicks started a thread talking about dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.

As for the animated avatars, there's an option on IE under Tools-Internet Options-Advanced, under the multimedia heading, it says (at least on my browser) Play animations on web. I suggest unchecking this box, because I gots ta have me animations!
WWPTAD?

Find Your Magali

Quote from: GhostboyAnd of course, in case it isn't implied, let's make sure we respect everyone on the site, not just the ladies.

Oh, wait, does that mean we have to nice to Yankees fans, for heaven's sakes?   :P

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreAs for the animated avatars, there's an option on IE under Tools-Internet Options-Advanced, under the multimedia heading, it says (at least on my browser) Play animations on web. I suggest unchecking this box, because I gots ta have me animations!

THANK YOU.

~rougerum

GodDamnImDaMan

Women dont need any more respect? Afterall after my ol lady can cook me breakfast/dinner/lunch, massage my back, gimmie a BJaroonie, and touch herself while i eat. Then i'll call her by her name instead of "Dammit Woman!!!!"

But seriously...All girls last names should be STUPID.....

:wink:

"Hi....im ms. Stupid"
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Cecil

i feel bad for posting in the "sex" thread