Obvious Child

Started by jenkins, June 22, 2014, 07:21:44 PM

jenkins

double this with in a world... and there you go, that's what it's like to be a creative young adult person now

Jeremy Blackman

Bonus points for using the song from Rhythm of the Saints, which was one of my favorite albums growing up. I wonder if this movie was named after the song, like they used to do with all comedies in the early 90s.

If you like Jenny Slate, listen to her How Did This Get Made episode (on Super Mario Brothers):

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/super-mario-bros-live/

Reel

Jenny Slate's first (and last) appearance as an SNL cast member:

I fucking love this girl and I can barely listen to any podcasts without hearing this movie promoted. I really want to see it and last night I won tickets to a preview!! I also got sick yesterday and the thought of dragging my ass to the mall today after work and waiting around for a couple hours does not sound appealing in the slightest- especially when I have a shelf of blu rays and Fargo to watch at home. Fuck me running, as much I need this movie in my life it doesn't seem worth the headache. And I never win anything! Darn.. :yabbse-sad:

polkablues

Quote from: Reelist on June 23, 2014, 10:27:13 AM
Jenny Slate's first (and last) appearance as an SNL cast member:

It wasn't her last; she still appeared all throughout the rest of that season.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

she q&a'd when i saw it, and she made eye contact with me in a way i'd never had someone make eye contact with me during a q&a, like she looked at me (and everyone, i assume) not in an eye scanning way and not in a "this accidentally happened" way, but in a meaningful moment way, with direct eye contact that wasn't scared by eye contact. a human exchange. musicians at concerts do this too, and my guess is she knows how to from working at snl. i want to learn this, but i think it requires an inner confidence i can't yet fake. imagine, eye contact with a room full of people! i'd shake and vomit after like two people. most people don't look around. almodóvar and wong kar-wai wear sunglasses and i wanna do something like that

^can i share that? i think so. it's not some long rocky thing. anyway the q&a was bad and i have no details outside eye contact. the moderator was a fandango person and he was like a pop culture version of henry rollins bad. wish there could be more honesty about people being terrible with q&a hosting

Reel

can I smell your eyes?