The beach boys!!!

Started by nevereven, March 13, 2003, 12:52:38 PM

nevereven

Now i dont know why i love this band, coz the rest of the music i listen to is nothing like them, but hey i thought i would just share my passion for them and see if you guys agreed?
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

©brad

a beach boys thread? how could u, look you made lisa throw up.

sphinx

Quote from: cbrad4da beach boys thread? how could u, look you made lisa throw up.

mess off, the beach boys rock.

MacGuffin

Love The Beach Boys. Brian Wilson had so much influence on rock music and doesn't get much recognition.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Pet Sounds is one of the greatest albums of all time. The instrumental tracks on it were definitely an influence on the PDL score, by the way...

Sleuth

This is my post in support of the Beach Boys.
I like to hug dogs

picolas

Surfin' USA is the song that briefly stole my life.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyPet Sounds is one of the greatest albums of all time.

The Beatles thought so too. Sgt. Pepper's was their answer to Pet Sounds in a friendly rivalry between the two bands. This is a must:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Fucking love em...almost as much as The Beatles. It was cool to hear one of their songs in Boogie Nights.

Duck Sauce

My dad is really into the Beach Boys, I grew up listening to them, even went to one of their concerts once a LONG time ago.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: tremoloslothThis is my post in support of the Beach Boys.

...and this is mine.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: tremoloslothThis is my post in support of the Beach Boys.

...and this is mine.

Looks like the first time we support the same thing.  :wink:

Anybody know how much $$ Wilson got screwed out of>?

nevereven

I did see Brian Wilson on TV recently and he looked really fucked up, he could hardly walk.

But still a genius, and Pet Sounds is one of the best albums ever made by any one ever.

I`ll have to try and get hold of that "The Pet Sounds sessions" thing.
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

Satcho9

Respect to the Beach Boys.

Hang on to your Ego is killer.

Redlum

Damn, I love the Beach Boys. Brian Wilson is a genius. Just listen to some of the lesser know stuff such as Surf's Up and I Just Wasnt Made for These Times.

If you like Brian Wilson get the all star tribute to Brian Wilson DVD. It even has Aimee Mann and Michael Penn doing a song.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas