Marilyn Manson

Started by Ghostboy, May 15, 2003, 11:04:53 PM

Cecil

well, if you say so...

ive watched the short film by manson that came with the cd. its a 27 minute pretentious little student film-type thing (only its in colour rather than b&w, lol). sorta like jim morrisons film that was shown in the doors. its okay, nothing special.

Sleuth

I don't care for the visuals, it's actually a lot more reserved than I expected, but I love the audio track
I like to hug dogs

godardian

I've never been much of a Manson fan... he's sort of like Madonna, to me. He tries to talk a real smart game and discuss himself as if he is an artiste under siege, but... the proof is in the pudding. The breasts were an interesting touch, but... that's pretty much it, for me. Mechanical Animals was his most tolerable, for me. I'd be as interested to hear The Golden Age as I was to hear American Life. Couldn't be any more of a letdown.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Victor

Quote from: butterbitch

1. his whole career was based on feeding teen angst, which is not to hard

2. anybody can depress a un atractive teenager.

3. its not like he was selling just music he was pushing a image a lifestyle, a lie more or less

1. youre so fucking deep, man. your wisdom is unparalleled.

2. youre really depressing me right now.

3. what exactly are you pushing, motherfucker?

Marilyn, the rock star, is great.
Brian, the person, is.....ah fuck. i cant even describe. just read the book, please.
are you gonna eat with us too?

phil marlowe

1. why are people hittin up butterscotch all the time? hes right most of the time. maybe its because hes sayin things people wanna say but just 'cant'.

2. hes right on manson. the way hes gettin fans is the easy way, however his music can still be good.

3. mechanichal animals is brilliant. doubt any 'real' manson fan would state that.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Loserter
Quote from:

Marilyn, the rock star, is great.
Brian, the person, is.....ah fuck. i cant even describe. just read the book, please.

the fact that you are a fan of his says it all .

Sleuth

Categorizing all Manson fans as goths or Satan Worshippers or whatever the hell it is you think is like saying all PTA fans will have a 5 page dispute over the cover art for PDL
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothCategorizing all Manson fans as goths or Satan Worshippers or whatever the hell it is you think is like saying all PTA fans will have a 5 page dispute over the cover art for PDL

i dont remember saying that, what i said is he is a big record company creation sold to teenagers

do you remember that scene in the movie " airheads"

where that manager is telling a band to act wacky because people like that

i dunno in this day and age i think dissing god is not very cutting edge its more like :: yawns:: been there done that give me something else

Victor

i was a fan of the book before i saw the movie.

if you didnt have angst as a teen, you mustve been completely blind, deaf, and numb.

btw- im not trying to start any wars today, that shits lame and fucks up the board. if you feel the need to get indignant, please, pm.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Sleuth

Well alls I know is that the whole antichrist thing wasn't what made me a fan, it was his music.  I liked the way it sounded, and I think a lot of other people might feel the same.  I know that if I go to a Manson concert I probably won't fit in, but that isn't the point.  The gimmick is only effective on people who let it affect them, and their reactions to Manson are something that I find amusement in
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: Lesteri was a fan of the book before i saw the movie.

if you didnt have angst as a teen, you mustve been completely blind, deaf, and numb.

btw- im not trying to start any wars today, that shits lame and fucks up the board. if you feel the need to get indignant, please, pm.

your opinion means nothing in this world why would i bother even care what you say

go back and put on your manson c.d boy your cool :: gives a thumbs up::

Quote from: tremoloslothWell alls I know is that the whole antichrist thing wasn't what made me a fan, it was his music.  I liked the way it sounded, and I think a lot of other people might feel the same.  I know that if I go to a Manson concert I probably won't fit in, but that isn't the point.  The gimmick is only effective on people who let it affect them, and their reactions to Manson are something that I find amusement in

this is kind of funny did you know all his main guys were old haircut metal guys who changed their images to fit in to the 90's

Cecil

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
his whole career was based on feeding teen angst, which is not to hard
anybody can depress a un atractive teenager.

i dont understand why people say crap like that about artists, musicians or performers.... if its so easy, then why dont you do it and get rich off of it? if its so easy to draw like a 2 year old, then why is picasso the only one recognized for it?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackMan
his whole career was based on feeding teen angst, which is not to hard
anybody can depress a un atractive teenager.

i dont understand why people say crap like that about artists, musicians or performers.... if its so easy, then why dont you do it and get rich off of it? if its so easy to draw like a 2 year old, then why is picasso the only one recognized for it?

wait are you saying that he pushed his music before his image ????????

i think he pushed image first and music was second

he was more about pushing himself as a pop culture icon, and that image is so fake

why did he name his band after himself ???? it is all about him

and his image is so phoney , its all about trying to impress people like you

and now its done because teenagers have better people to pin their angst on

if i was 14 right now i would be a huge eminem fan

by the way i was a teenager during the manson era and well even then i would rather listen to hip hop