New TAXI DRIVER DVD

Started by cowboykurtis, December 09, 2003, 05:56:01 PM

cowboykurtis

i am quite pumped --- my friend at columbia pictures is doing hte reissue of taxi driver -- mr martin scorsese himself is scheduled to record a commmentary track with my fucking friend! if thats the case im going to sit in on recording and pretend im his engineer -- i cant fucking believe this -- good shit, quite good shit.
...your excuses are your own...

cine

Can I murder you out of pure jealousy and get away with it? Just wondering, because this is two strikes for you.

MacGuffin

The value of my Criterion laserdisc with Scorsese's original commentary track just shot up.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Criterion's gotta suck it up and give out their old commentaries to be used. I wanna hear this so bad, I'd be willing to kill innocent women and children...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Alethia

cowboykurtis, you suck, you lucky fucker you

but good news bout the commentary, can't wait

Duck Sauce

fuck, i just bought this...

im going to make a list of all the ones i need to replace

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Duck Saucefuck, i just bought this...

i was close to getting this also....the last time I was at Best Buy I picked it up and was about to leave...but i decided to check another aisle and saw the naked lunch criterion so i grabbed that instead.....

Quote from: Duck Sauceim going to make a list of all the ones i need to replace

..yeah i need to do the same....

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffinThe value of my Criterion laserdisc with Scorsese's original commentary track just shot up.

Criterion released Taxi Driver at one point? Please explain.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor du Jour
Quote from: MacGuffinThe value of my Criterion laserdisc with Scorsese's original commentary track just shot up.

Criterion released Taxi Driver at one point? Please explain.

:yabbse-huh:

A long time ago, many years before DVDs, there were these large saucers called laserdiscs. And a company called Criterion put movies on them. One of those films was called "Taxi Driver." Along with the film, the company included a listen along track called a commentary. For this particular film you could listen along with the director and screenwriter explaning the making of the film. A film called "Raging Bull" was also pressed to laserdisc.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

...Mac..i gotta admit i'm pretty impressed by those ...but those covers are kinda- nasty.....but "its whats in the inside that counts ".... :wink:

.....althought the raging bull ones' okay.....

Gold Trumpet

I remember different covers for each. The Raging Bull is almost like that one, but it is a further away shot of De Niro in the ring warming up with his robe still on. Very nice cover. The Taxi Driver cover just uses the original poster art - of De Niro standing alone in the city looking around. Its not an image out of the film, but painted poster art. Quite nice as well.

Sleuth

Quote from: cowboykurtisi am quite pumped --- my friend at columbia pictures is doing hte reissue of taxi driver -- mr martin scorsese himself is scheduled to record a commmentary track with my fucking friend! if thats the case im going to sit in on recording and pretend im his engineer -- i cant fucking believe this -- good shit, quite good shit.

lyrics

King Missile - Martin Scorsese

This one's called Martin Scorsese
He makes the best fucking films (x2)
If I ever meet him I'm gonna grab his fuckin' neck and just shake him
And say thank you thank you for makin' such excellent fuckin' movies
Then I'd twist his nose all the way the fuck around
And the rip off one of his ears and throw it
Like a like a like a fuckin' frisbee
I wanna chew his fuckin' lips off and grab his head and suck out one of his
eyes and chew on it and spit it out in his face
And thank you thank you for all of your fuckin' films
Then I'd pick him up by the hair swing him over my head a few times
And throw him across the room and kick all his fuckin' teeth in and then
stomp on his face 40 or 50 times
Cuz he makes the best fucking films he makes the best fucking films
I've ever seen in my life
I fuckin love him
I fuckin love him
I like to hug dogs

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ghostboy

It would be so aweome if they put the Taxi Driver The Musical bit from SNL on the new disc. Aside from commentary, I can't think of a better extra feature (aside from the doc already currently available).

ShanghaiOrange

I think it would be funny if Marty started playing "All Star" by Smash Mouth right as the police come in at the end of Taxi Driver. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***