confessions rerelease

Started by sphinx, April 05, 2003, 03:09:54 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Nah, it's a good cover. Except for this awkwardness:

CONFESSIONS
OF A DANGEROUS MIND

mindfuck

Ew. The poster ruled. They should have used that.

Redlum

Thats one of the worst I've seen. You're right the original poster was great.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ernie

Quote from: themodernage02i'm surprised they didnt leave off sam rockwell for julia roberts.  i'm sure if they took 5 more minutes they could photoshop that right up.

Lol, wouldn't that be great? I wouldn't have been surprised at all, really. I'd like to think Sam Rockwell is more well known than Chuck Barris is now though...at least.

modage

Beckham to Expand, Confessions Not So Much
Source: Variety

Miramax has revealed it's going the other direction with Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, planning to re-release the George Clooney film in only a limited number of theaters on August 15. The studio will bring the film to New York and L.A. at first, expanding it further only if the box office there signals market interest. Miramax had originally planned for a 1,000-plus theater re-release.

wait, nobody saw it the first time.  and they're trying out the ol' limited release again?  whats the point?  the damn thing only comes out like 3 weeks before the dvd in the first place.  are they trying to build anticipation until they work the public into a frenzy for a movie they dont want to see?  what exactly is the plan here??
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02whats the point? are they trying to build anticipation until they work the public into a frenzy for a movie they dont want to see?  what exactly is the plan here??
under the paving stones.

markums2k

Quote from: themodernage02expanding it further only if the box office there signals market interest. Miramax had originally planned for a 1,000-plus theater re-release.

I guess I'll just go see Tomb Raider instead...  or not.

What they SHOULD do is break Confessions into two parts, and then release them seperately, but only a few weeks apart.  

Innovation, thy name is Miramax.

polkablues

Quote from: P
Quote from: themodernage02whats the point? are they trying to build anticipation until they work the public into a frenzy for a movie they dont want to see?  what exactly is the plan here??

What the hell?  That's not what my crack looks li....

Oh, wait.  These are Frosted Flakes.
My house, my rules, my coffee