Has anyone here ever met PTA? Tell us your stories....

Started by Marty McSuperfly, January 10, 2003, 03:22:58 AM

FilmCell

Acting like a Kardashian who constantly gets hounded for autographs and pictures is a little ridiculous, though. How often does he get recognized outside of his own events? These people are the ONLY reason he has a career(as genius as his movies are they always lose the studio money). The LEAST he could do is be warm while explaining he's late and in a rush. He made it seem like it was a chore and an annoyance. It reminded me of the infamous "little Ronnie Howard" comment and when he snapped on that reporter about Tom Cruise. I know this is a fan site but let's be honest.

Drenk

Ascension.

Robyn

It's almost like he's a human and are in different moods each time someone meet him.

Favorite directors:
1. Kevin Smith - Look his fans in their eyes.
923. Paul Thomas Anderson - Bad at eye contact. Clumsy with pens.

Robyn

FilmCell

Sorry, but if you're in entertainment being rude to your fans is unacceptable. Bottom line.

^^^ These guys were trying to leave their hotel and look at how they handled it.

Tdog

Quote from: FilmCell on December 12, 2017, 06:28:11 AM
Sorry, but if you're in entertainment being rude to your fans is unacceptable. Bottom line.

^^^ These guys were trying to leave their hotel and look at how they handled it.
Bahahahahahaha

Jeremy Blackman

Will Smith enjoys being a celebrity. Perhaps PTA does not.

Alethia

He's clearly just in a hurry. I saw him signing stuff in a similarly brisk fashion outside the DGA Theater two weeks ago, as he was being impatiently ushered into a waiting vehicle...struck me as quite generous that he was even bothering to do it at all, given the circumstances.

Just Withnail

People: they have moods.

This thread should have ended with Matt's post.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: FilmCell on December 12, 2017, 06:08:41 AM
It reminded me of the infamous "little Ronnie Howard" comment and when he snapped on that reporter about Tom Cruise.

"Infamous" lol. Clearly trolling.

FilmCell

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 12, 2017, 11:07:57 AM
Will Smith enjoys being a celebrity. Perhaps PTA does not.

He's NOT a celebrity. Even amongst directors he's not a celebrity. Which is why I was put off by his attitude because he was acting like his life is filled with people recognizing him on the street.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Tictacbk

When I scrolled back to the video in question and finally watched it, I could not believe how tame it was. Tame isn't even the right word, PTA is like actively being nice in it. This has gotta be a troll job, right? Ten years ago, if I was in that crowd of people I would've been thrilled with that interaction.

Something Spanish