Little X

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, April 17, 2006, 03:33:41 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002235673

Completion cuts 'Razorwire' deal

Kisha Imani Cameron and her Completion Films banner have picked up "Razorwire" by newcomer Rob Davis, and attached music video director Little X to helm the urban horror movie. The script centers on a group of small-time drug dealers who discover that vampires, who also happen to be cops, have been feeding on the disadvantaged people in the ghetto. When the vampire cops start framing them for the murders, the dealers go to war with their new immortal enemies. "I'm not normally a big horror fan, but I know a great genre movie when I read one," said Cameron, who was an exec at New Line and Walden Media before striking out on her own. Cameron acted as associate producer on the 2000 Spike Lee movie "Bamboozled" and on the 2005 HBO telefilm "Sometimes in April," about the Rwandan genocide.

(There's more, but I can't access it because I don't subscribe to Hollywood Reporter.)

-----------------------

The story seems like it'll go either way for me.  With Little X at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if the film is really well done, I just don't know how good it can be as being an Urban Vampire type of film.  I'm definitely excited for a Little X feature, though.

As far as rap videos go, I really like his original approach to them (which usually becomes heavily imitated upon the success).  He might have done videos for some pretty stupid songs, but he has done some wonderful things with the visual aspect.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye