not the most popular thread anymore, donnie darko and homos.

Started by SubstanceD, February 18, 2003, 07:02:07 PM

Banky

even really shitty moveis make 30 over a period of time not opening weekend.  I really think with the right marketing people would go see it.   Word of mouth would be amazing from the people who have already seen it.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

What's all this about a director's cut of Donnie Darko coming to the theaters?
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Quote from: QuoyleWhat's all this about a director's cut of Donnie Darko coming to the theaters?

Quote from: themodernage02http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=30

See Page 4 of the above thread also; Banky's post.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

man this is such a good movie to revisit after a few months and it really holds up

cowboykurtis

eternal damnation to all the gay boys and girls that populate OUR america. america is a place where i should be able to eat at mcdonalds with out worrying that some gay person is going to touch my patty.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

i hope they have one of frank with "why are you wearing that stupid rabbit suit?"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Kal

The Directors Cut is selling very well... and they have it priced everywhere between 19.99 and 24.99... they will end up with some small margins on the overall thing...

For Richard Kelly I guess it was enough... he is now selling his scripts and making a new movie... not bad at all

Jeremy Blackman

Some random thread necromancy here for anyone interested. I just ran across this explanation of Donnie Darko and it seems crystal clear:

http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/

Reel

Thank you, JB. and High 5 on having the same respect count!

Pubrick

Damn it now I have to upvote you both just to keep it even.
under the paving stones.